to those who think deangelo hall is more than average

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=paolantonio_sal&id=3342009

i remember about a month ago there being a debate about whether hall was worth $70 million.

"And what did the Raiders get? One of the most overrated defensive backs in recent league history.

One of the great "SportsCenter" highlights of Hall's career is from a game against the Steelers in 2006. You remember that -- when Pittsburgh wide receiver Hines Ward sprinted past Hall for a spectacular 70-yard touchdown catch and run. What's so remarkable about that play? Ward was missing one shoe.

And that play was unusual. Most opposing receivers beat Hall deep while still wearing both shoes."

"On the final day of the 2006 season, the Falcons' hapless secondary was torched for a career-high 324 yards and three TDs by Eagles backup quarterback A.J. Feeley. Hall didn't spend much time covering anybody that day, but he certainly made an impression on Eagles receiver Donte' Stallworth.

"He called me a bum," Stallworth said. "He kept saying he's been to two Pro Bowls and I haven't been to any. Well, this bum is going to be in the playoffs next week while that two-time Pro Bowler is out on the golf course." '

that last bit is pretty funny stuff.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

The only remarkable thing about Hall is his mouth. He's never shown consistent ability as a corner...

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He's an athlete. Not a cover corner. lol @ raiders.

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Yup. He has a superstar mouth and nothing else. It's a miracle anybody wanted him, but this is the same team that gave Tommy Kelly 50 mil.

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

DeAngelo Fall

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Maybe he's the best salesman of all time. He knows how to lose and get paid. And he is done working before the new year even begins usually. Not a bad for the ol' pay/work ratio. More skills than we think..just not on the field.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You get paid even more for making the playoffs, and you get bonuses each round you advance... And for most people, they would extra incentives in their contracts. So it's not the best money move to play for losing teams.

9. stylistic561

stylistic561 Guest

i dont care what you all say. the raiders are going to have one of the sickest nickel packages in the league. i think they made the right move because their defense is a top 5 defense in my book.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

don't let thing like facts get in the way of your opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar