TO ALL THE VY HATERS...wHAT!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigg, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VY_HaveMyBaby

VY_HaveMyBaby Camp Fodder

I agree with the "guess its all in each and every fans opinion".

Maybe the load was shifted to the correct person? CHRIS JOHNSON

Let's face it, the coaches NEVER (right or wrong) would have put in Vince Young if Bud Adams had not demanded. Once Bud demanded the change, the entire offense changed to make it easier on Vince Young.

Interesting discussion to say the least.

2. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

Weren't you the one that mentioned the Team sport bs and all that? Try harder, you'll find the Steeler's page.

3. VY_HaveMyBaby

VY_HaveMyBaby Camp Fodder

Where did I say it was ALL on Chris Johnson?? Or Chris Johnson JUST WINS GAMES!!!??

I said the load shifted to the correct person once Vince Young was inserted into the line up. IT DID SHIFT... Would you not admit that Chris Johnson is not the best player on the Titans team? Even over the almighty Vince Young?

Don't try and twist words.

4. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

He is the most noticeable, but I wouldn´t go as far the best player. I have to admit that he is reading and reacting to holes way faster than he did last year, but he is looking so good also thanks to good coaching and good, strong, blocking wide receivers as well. He has gotten lots of help from good blocks way out in the secondary. Last year KC was looking so good because the line was protecting him so well but that didn't make him the best player in the team. Don't get me wrong, I love what CJ is doing, and he is probably the best in the team but I'm not there yet. The reason for that is that he's played like that all year and that didn't help us win the first 6 games. For me it is not about who is the fastest, the strongest or the one with the most touchdowns, but about the one that helps you win the game. I do agree that it takes more than one to make it happen but the most important thing is to have a player that wants to have the ball when the game is on the line and knows what to do with it.

5. Carp

Carp Starter

Glad Vince is playing better leaps and bounds better.

But I don't see how people can call people "Haters" for giving up on VY. Coming into this season he had 22 TDs to 32 Ints for his career. Those numbers are simply crappy for any QB.

I really am pulling for the guy to continue to play this way, but the competition he's faced in the last few games hasn't exactly been the best in world and I don't think we should expect too many 300+ yard games from him. However, I don't want to take away from what he's done. He's played well and that's all that matters. Let's all hope he continues to light to league on fire.

6. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

Numbers are always deceiving, the circumsatances are way more important. Numbers always have to do with what you are looking for. Farve has the highest number of interceptions of all times.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I don't like this post. Quit treating the guy like a basket case who will curl up in a fetal position at the first sight of a loss. I'll tell you what....go back and find a time, ANY TIME in Vinces entire life, when he has been on a football team that lost 5 out of 6 games. See how he reacted then. Good luck.

8. Carp

Carp Starter

Numbers are very telling. I'm sorry, but QB's who have more Int's than TD's are not good QB's. That is why Vince lost his job in the first place.

FAVRE (not Farve) also has the most TDs of all time.

9. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

What is VInce's Record Again?

What irritates me is the lack of patience from some fans from day one with VY. He has improved every year and it isn't that strange that his 2nd year was not as good as his first. Look at Rothesburger's 2nd year and now we have Matt Ryan as far as the sophomore curse goes but everyone knows Ryan is going to be a great QB and Big Ben has turned out fine.

In VY's 2nd year he had the upper thigh injury that made him much less mobile and teams started game planning for him. Also, the number of drops was atrocious and it is hard to get rhythm when your receivers suck. The haters won't even admit he had a great rookie year. Lets not forget, we still made the playoffs his 2nd year and his very presence improves the running game. Does anyone remember 1000 yard rusher Travis Henry? CJ is awesome but since VY has come in, he has even become more dangerous. His November is a record month for running backs. Coincidence? I think not.

Yes, VY's INT to TD ratio has sucked but most of his interceptions were long passes. I can't remember any pick 6's that he threw but I could be wrong. He has improved vastly in the long pass category and the deep out routes. He is making those passes every game now. I see the same great improvement that I saw at UT. Give the guy a chance. He is an incredible leader and his skillls will continue to improve year after year. He wants to be the greatest player he can be.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I'm pretty sure you're insinuating that CJ isn't the best player on the team because we lost the first six games and he was still playing then. If thats the case, then :ha::ha::ha::ha:. You think KC's 8 picks in 6 games had something to do with us losing? Or maybe losing our top 3 defensive backs and starting 4th and 6th round rookies at CB? CJ is top 5 players in the league right now, and the other 4 don't wear two-toned blue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar