To all the CJ haters...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MDTitansFan, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

LOL. You thinking they AREN'T is outrageous...It may not be the way it should be, but it is. The sports industry is a business where the Players have the power because they bring in all the money.

What about the contract Avery had with the Rams?

What about Vince Young's contract?

What about Jovan Haye's contract?

We're those honored?

I'm not going to have this debate again because your clearly reaching for ways to bash CJ. If you can't see why CJ held out, then you just don't know the business of football that well.

Like this is the first player to ever holdout in the NFL, and like contracts mean a damn thing in sports.

2. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Nah I'm a gaming collector though. I don't get buying sports games. Paying full price for the same game every year with just a roster update is idiotic to me. Maybe 20 bucks I get but not 60. Or heck just buy one and yearly pay maybe 5-10$ for the roster update. So paying full price yearly for the same thing is just silly. before anyone goes off and says it's more than that and ads this and that blah blah. I used to yearly do it myself until I saw what is the point? For a while I kept one game and just did create a player for every team and did trades to keep the roster current.

Now I just rather watch the games on TV than play a sim.

3. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

I tried to hold CJ's jock.

It ended up breaking my hand and the pain is unbearable.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Whatever

I am sure those contracts have clauses stating that they can be cut. Stop acting like it is a crying shame some of the players get cut after not producing.

YOUR running back just admitted he was not ready to play football physically. He atleast should have shown up to camp and held out the season, worst case scenario. How can you stand up for a player so even after he says he was not prepared?

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Read my posts guy.

I'm not defending CJ to my grave claiming he was in the right and everyone else is in the wrong.

My whole point all along has been there is more than one person to blame and CJ should not be taking all the heat.

-The Titans never called CJ until week 3 of the preseason. The "show up and get paid" offer wasn't even made directly too him...

-CJ Told the entire world including the Titans LAST SEASON that he wanted a new deal and would holdout if he didn't get one. Tennessee gave him a slight increase in salary for that season (WHICH LOWERED HIS SALARY FOR ALL THE FOLLOWING SEASONS) and told him he would be taken care of once the new CBA was reached. Why did it take so long for the Titans to call CJ if they new this was going to happen for a year and a half?

-CJ held out and obviously is not in game shape because of it. But it was unrealistic for him to come to camp and threaten to holdout the season. And it was unrealistic for him to play out his current contract. (Stop bringing up Fitz and Peterson because their situations were COMPLETELY different).

CJ made a selfish decision, bad for the Team to hold out, no doubt. But the Titans handled the situation terribly. Ultimately the Titans had the power to fix everything day 1 of the new league year and didn't. Everyone lost: Fans, Titans, Chris Johnson.

6. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Im not your guy, buddy!

7. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

[​IMG]

8. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I agree. That's why I still just play NFL2K1. :yes:

I just have a franchise mode running. Lost my first one to a corrupted file, but right now I've got it into the year 2095 (simulated a lot of the years though).

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Players in fact have zero power that is why they hold out. It is a last ditch effort too gain some form of leverage. For proof that the players have zero power see the last 2 NFLPA contracts. Owners absoutly took it too the players. I think they had some mercy in this last contract just cause they felt sorry for them.

Every NFL contract has Real Money which is usually described as Signing bonus and Current year salary. Most every NFL contract has Monolopy Money which can be described as outrageous roster bonuses & crazy base pay escelators.

All the real money was paid, like all the NFL contracts. Some of the monolopy money was paid, but clearly not all.

FWIW the reason NFL contracts are this way is the relatively high injury risk involved in the sport. I would like too see the contracts guranteed myself, but I dont own a franchise.

see above

see above

see above

CJ held out cause he is selfish. He probably got a worse contract than if he showed up. I mean compared too what the little dude was talking thru his gold teeth he got skinned by the front office.

Baseball, Basketball & Hockey have guranteed contracts and they mean whatever it is they say.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm just looking forward to getting to 2nd and 7 after a run.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar