TJ Who's Your Mama

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Amishboy, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yep Paul Williams came here to die and don't forget Chris Davis and Mike Williams.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

It is true that we have yet to bring in a top tier receiver via the 1st round or through free agency. However, we are wasting our picks taking receivers in the 4th and later rounds, as history will note. And, yes those receivers are coming here to die. If I were a rookie receiver in the 5th round, I'd prefer to go play in Arizona as an intern for free to build a resume for the longterm than come to TN for the rookie minimum and be 3 years and out (if that).

It's no surprise though, that a receiver drafted by Tennessee will have a much harder time making a career in this league than someone like Steve Breaston who goes to Arizona or Steve Smith who goes to NY. Those are teams with established passing games, and there is no pressure on the rookies to step in and be productive immediately. In Tennessee however....we're looking for that #1 anywhere we can find it without paying top $ or drafting a star.

I'm not doubting our recent drafts because overall I'm very happy for the most part, but with this years free agent WR's combined with very favorable salary cap status, we have no excuse. Especially if we fail to resign Haynesworth.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that's a bunch of bulls#!t nate.

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Are you saying if we drafted Colston in the 6th round ahead of the Saints that he would have been the same player today?

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

he would kick your *** if he heard you say that.

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Who, Vince or Marques ? weeeeeeee

7. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Receivers here get the crap knocked out of them. You can't be stopping and always going back for a ball and make it. You have to hit big receivers in stride to not kill them. But you take somebody like Mason he is little. So having to hunt for a ball suites his go back and hunt for it speed.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Givens was about 26 when we got him. Old and washed up? I think not.

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Yeah, that made me do a double take too.

10. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Well I meant they might as well be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar