TJ Who's Your Mama

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Amishboy, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

What do you think? Do we have a chance to get him? Can he be the number one or has he been milking the effects of Chad being doubled?

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Bengals not likely to tag Houshmandzadeh

Bengals free-agent wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh could be playing elsewhere next season. Indications are that Cincinnati won’t be able to keep him off the open market, an NFL source said Thursday. Cincinnati, where Houshmandzadeh has spent his entire eight-year career, will try to sign him to a long-term deal before free agency starts Feb. 27. However, at this point, things do not appear promising.

Cincinnati could apply the franchise tag on Houshmandzadeh, 31, to restrict his ability to leave, but it does not appear they plan to do so. Franchising Houshmandzadeh would cost them $9.88 million against the 2009 salary cap. Houshmandzadeh also told the Dayton Daily News that he would boycott offseason workouts and be unhappy if the team designated him with the franchise tag.

If Houshmandzadeh hits the open market, he could become a priority for teams like Philadelphia, Chicago and Tennessee, all of which could use a wide receiver with his abilities. Houshmandzadeh has caught more than 90 passes in each of the past three seasons, including 92 last season. He’s averaged 1,042 yards over the past three years and totaled 25 touchdowns.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

we could land him, but look for us to land someone like Holt, Toomer, or Washington, if any WR.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Nashville: Where wide receivers come to die.

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Housh is the perfect fit for us. With our "('smashing') run first" mentality it would be ideal to have two larger receivers that can atleast "act" like a big body while run-blocking. Gage plus TJ excites me, while Gage and JMac did nothing for me. Housh has a bit of seniority in the league on Gage; I think he would be able to help polish out some of Gage's skillz. While Justin is just coming into his prime, NFL performace-wise, this could be the perfect time to add a WR that has more catches than any other player in the NFL in at least the past 3 years. Plus it would help our run game and it's mentality; in turn they both would give aid to our defense that did possibly had it's best game in by keeping us competitive in the lost to the Ra-yeahhh:irked:.

Give me some Hou-Titan?!

Hopefully our FO won't cop-out of the market once the bidding begins... again?:grrr:

Honestly I've loved our off season moves with MR. He's the man. I have faith. He kept Seattle churning with talent to keep them afloat for a while.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Funny, TJ never showed up for non-mandatory team functions anyway.
    I would hope that playing for a loser for so long would factor into favoring a certain playoff quality team over teams like SF that would simply throw money him just to spend it..
    TJ has publicly said he is frustrated with constantly being the Bengal WR running slot. I think he could find the endzone even more on a new team..

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

but not here

8. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

So you mean someone old and washed up who will just take our money. Like the guy we got from New England that I can't even remember his name. Or the guy we got from the Bengals before Thigpin.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

the most overused, unproven statement on this board IMO.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

yeah all those first round WR draft picks were a waste. I dont think we should draft anymore WR in the 1st round and we should stop trading for great WR's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar