Titans' Young still upset over losing Heisman race

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think Ewker just wanted to make sure he knew that he wasn't speaking for him.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Young isn't the first player who didn't win the Heisman when he thought he should have. Look back at Manning losing it to Woodson, Paul Horning winning it over Johnny Majors. There was uproar on both of those also. It will continue to happen. You grow up and go on instead of complaining about it. I would say the samething if it was Manning crying about it.

You leave your mark at the next level. IMO Manning has done that over Woodson. Young may or may not do that to Bush as it is to early in their careers to know.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he isn't crying about it. he was asked a question and didn't pull any punches with his answer.

there's a difference.

i bet if 60 minutes asked peyton if he was still disappointed he didn't win the heisman that year he would say yes.

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Somebody tell me why this is even a topic of discussion, he did not say anything new that we didn't know already.

5. abt1967

abt1967 Guest

Ewker decided it was a topic of discussion since his impression is VY is crying over spilled milk. Maybe if the media would not have used the following headlines it would not be an article of contention.

"Heisman Loss Still Irks Vince Young"
    "Vince Young Still Upset Over Losing Heisman"
    "Titan's Vince Young Still Angry Over Not Winning Hesiman And Says He's Better Player"
    "Vince Young still miffed at not winning Heisman"
    "Vince Young: 'I was the real Heisman winner'"

Now here is the actual quote with a bold and underline:
    "I was angry about that situation, not bringing [the Heisman] back," says Young. "And I wanted to show the world that I was the real Heisman Trophy winner. But on paper, Reggie Bush is the Heisman Trophy winner. [I am] not taking nothing from him, he knows he's a phenomenal athlete," he tells Pelley, who asks Young if he thinks he's better than Bush. "I always feel like I'm better. Always."

6. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

they always do that,print the reply and not the question.what was he gonna say anyway?yeah i was realy happy about that,finishing runner ups fine.we'll see who picks up the the lombardi trophy first and see whos laughing then,hopefully after a victory over the aints!:makefun::shake:

7. plato

plato Camp Fodder

3000 yards passing and 1000 yards rushing is insane...... Will anyone ever do that again...? Considering nobody has a 2500/1000 season I don't think so..

The USC hype machine was incredible that year.. It had to hurt those hollywood types to lose in LA.

8. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

"I was" and "I wanted" speak about the past ...

besides lacking the ability to recognize talent VY critics lack basic reading skillz ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar