Titans WRs Must Do More to Help Struggling Passing Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I love all that blabber about improving, etc. WTF have you been doing since training camp in July? These guys are paid millions to do one simple task....run routes and catch passes. Some rookie from Hofstra has more yards than all our receivers combined. What a farce.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That would be two simple tasks.

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Has always been thus here in Tennessee. Chris Sanders, Nancy Thigpen, ect., ect. Now we have Boo er ah Drew Bennett at least one drop per game usually when it matters. Givens is the latest version of the Thigpen version good reciever that just can't seem to find the field on game day, but I'll bet he has no trouble at all finding the line to get paid on Monday.:suspect:

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:lol:

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thank god someone found that funny.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I enjoyed it too Gunny.

I feel like we make an effort for our blocking to step up and help our QBs, but why not our WRs? At this point, they're in the best position to help our offense. Spend some extra time with the jugs machine guys, go ALL OUT on every ball thrown at you. (I'm talking to you drew bennett). I honestly believe that if Drew was putting everything he has into catching the ball, he'd have at least 10 more receptions this year, and a couple more TDs. Vince will get better if he has some help. The more first downs we make, the more attempts he'll get, the faster he'll grow. Every little thing helps EVERYONE else.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

They are what they are, 2nd tier Wr's at best. Some of us are just catching up to that reality now, including the coaches. So I don't expect any better. Nor should anyone else. It simply is what it is. I don't even see this as correctable. If they were young Wr's ok, maybe, but they're not. These guys have come as far as they are going to go. Reminds me of the Texans signing Bradford thinking he would bust out. And the Texans signing Lewis. They simply were what they were, fast, and nothing more, just as they had proven over the entire course of their careers. Givens, Bennett, Wade are going nowhere fast.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

:hmm: Troupe, Jones, Roby, Scaife, Williams aren't doing that great either. So don't totally blame Givens ,Wade and Bennett for not catching passes. A lot of it starts with the QB throwing the ball

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Our passing game certainly isn't all on the receivers. But I don't think any of them are really stepping up and trying to make a difference. I think that extra effort can go miles towards helping our QB get better.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO our WRs were as good as the Jags WRs. VY has to help his WRs out by making the ball more catchable (especially when it is wet). The real nice pass for the TD to Drew is something we need to see more of. Nice trajectory and lead. Watch the real good QBs like Manning and Brady. They throw the ball where the WR can not only catch it but run after the catch. Also, even when the WR is covered they throw where only the WR can make a play to avoid the int. Young's throws seem to always be high, low, late or too hard. VY can really help himself by making more consistently accurate throws. Unless all of a sudden Brandon Jones, Bennett and Wade can't catch much of the blame has to go to Young.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar