Titans WR Impressions From Saints Preseason Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by FightinTitan, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metal957

metal957 Starter

I was mad they didn't throw to givens more. They threw to him one time but it was way behind him to catch it.

2. maximus

maximus Starter

My thoughts on the WR core...catch the ball. Wade showed some good. Drew and Roydells drops did not encourage me, nor did Troupe's drop. Im sure the WR will get an ear full at practice

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

He certainly looked good on returns.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

If Calico doesn't show something in the preseason, I'm going to be for Grant Mattos or O.J. Small taking his spot. There. I've said it. If Mattos is catching everything like they've said, I want to see him play more. Oh, and I know that not catching a ball last night wasn't his fault, but Givens had better show up.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

A bit early for that, I'd say.

6. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Someone questioned why I feel good about the WRs on this team.

I am feeling good about them, because i have seen what many of them can do. I am not basing my overall opinion of each WR on the basis of one preseason game...other than what I have seen from Bobby Wade.

What impressed me about Wade was his lateral quickness, something we have not seen in one of WRs since DMase exited.

Our WRs corps looks to be in good shape.

7. smili

smili Starter

I think alot of the drops we saw by the WR are somewhat contributed to by the short timing routes many of them we running. Givens' pass was a bang/bang short pass, Troupe's was much the same. I think there may have been others. Those types of passes seem more difficult to execute.

8. smili

smili Starter

Roby had a screaming fast - long kickoff return.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Looks like special teams are going to be the least of our problems.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They were looking good last night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar