Titans WR corps moving forward.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Everybody keeps saying that we'll be great once Kenny comes back but I just don't think we should rely on him as our #1 anymore. It would be nice if he could stay healthy all season and be 100% but he hasn't prove that he can yet.

I'm not saying go out and break the bank on Vincent Jackson but we need to bring another starting caliber WR as insurance in the case that Kenny and or Nate go down. Because I'm not convinced that Williams, Hawkins, Avery and Mariani can fill in.

OL should be our main point of emphasis as far as improving goes and I feel that WR is also important.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I really think we'll get a WR in the draft, 2nd or 3rd round. I don't see any FA signings (though some would be nice). Britt/Washington/D.Williams/Hawkins are a solid unit.

I'd like to see a TE that is CONSISTENT. I feel like every team has one that they can rely on and we don't (Cook and Stevens are up and comers, though).

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

What we get from Britt next year should be considered a bonus. It's highly unlikely he comes back within 12 months of tearing two ligaments in his knee to what he was becoming in 2010/2011.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think we can and will throw in some competition for Hawkins and Mariani. Let's face it, Mariani can't catch a cold.

5. bigdogtitan

bigdogtitan Camp Fodder

Hawkins is an unrestricted free agent this year.Britt and williams have 2 yrs left.We need to sign back,draft or get 1 via free agency.Its seems like a good year to draft one

6. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

PIERRE GARCON...seriously....the dude can really play

70 catches for 950 yds and 6 TDs...and that was with Collins/Painter/Orlovsky throwing

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Surprised nobody has mentioned Mike Wallace. To me, I think we need a speedster outside to give a change of pace to Kenny's physical style of play. Though, I agree with earlier posters, someone like Robert Meachem would make more sense and be cheaper. I also would LOVE Dwayne Bowe (though he's similar to Jackson), Pierre, or Wayne. The last two not only strenghten us, they weaken the Colts.

It would be nice to take care of some O-line problems in FA since the draft is stacked with WR talent. Getting the best FA center would almost definitely be cheaper than getting the stud WR in FA. Then you can concentrate on WR in the draft.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Indy won't part with Garcon. They want as many weapons as possible on the field for Luck. Mike Wallace will probably retire a Steeler (they love him there) and from what I've seen of Dwayne Bowe, I haven't been impressed (not by stats but by attitude). I've seen Bowe straight up quit on drives (some of them cost the Chiefs the game).

9. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

And for all you fantasy guys out there, Garcon will be a steal next year....Wayne will be gone and he'll have either Peyton or Luck throwing to him....80 catches, 1100 yds, 8 TDs easily

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

they won't be able to afford Garcon OR Wayne if they tie $50+ million into one position...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar