Titans Would Like to Put One Away Early

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Despite winning with late-game comebacks that have gotten a lot of national attention, the Titans goal is to control a game from start to finish. "Yeah, that's what we're striving for, but it's not easy," Coach Jeff Fisher said. "To some teams out there, to the San Diegos and maybe the Baltimores of the world, you can do that. As far as we're concerned, we're going to need a break here and there… You need one of those breaks when you win a close game." The Titans would like to put one away in their final three games by entering the fourth quarter with a comfortable lead. "There is no such thing as an ugly W," C Kevin Mawae said. "What we've done is managed to hold it together. Things get bad sometimes, and the game's not going to always go your way throughout the full four quarters. But we manage to do what we need to do to win the game, and we're just happy with the results."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I hope I NEVER see us go into the 4th quarter with a comfortable lead.....

CUZ THEN WE SHIFT TO PREVENT DEFENCE AND LOSE !!!:ha:

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

This "prevent" defense....just what exactly is it designed to prevent other than winning?

Just what is the philosophy behind allowing huge yardage?

"Okay, we'll keep them from scoring by allowing them easy access to the goal line!"
    Um....:suspect: okay??

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It allows yards but in small amounts and keeps the clock running. Prevents big plays.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

That sounds good on paper, until you hear guys like Montana talk about how you get to the goaline in the last 2 minutes. They talk about screens and mixing in running plays. Thats when you realize how dumb the prevent defense really is. Cause to guys like Montana and Elway, it feeds right into what they are trying to do. They aren't looking for the big play. And of all the McNair drives, can you ever really remember a big play? Not really, he just took it in chunks.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I'd like to see the defense to play the way they've played during the 4th quarter of the Giants game. They looked in control for the first time in a long time.

Throw away your calculator Schwartz.. Play the D like its supposed to be played!

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah,.... I wouldn't mind a 21-0 first qtr
    and to pay off my mortgage next year
    and to hit the Powerball

8. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

why do you guys think Schwartz sucks at scheming, its acutally his strength

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

yeah, against the colts, thats bout it

10. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Giants and Eagles too- don't underestimate Schwartz, I think his gameplann will be great his week....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar