Titans worst in the league running on 1st down

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

What does Locker have to do to get you to believe? His accuracy is 10x better this year, his td/int ratio is the best we could have hoped for.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

A basic run game would suffice. Your argument that CJ allows locker to ball out is a farce. You already admitted it. Balance is always required, this isn't some new development

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Win games!

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

The threat of CJ assists in Locker balling out! When CJ does ball out it's not b/c of the threat of Jake Locker. At least not yet.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Never join a debate team.

Attached Files:

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Hopefully this stat makes us pass, pass, pass on 1st down. We need to throw to run instead of our old philosophy until teams start respecting our passing game.

We need to run a lot more screens to CJ and the FB. More play action. And mix in some option plays where the D has to choose between Locker or CJ. We need to find creative ways to get him to the edge and use Greene as our primary back between the tackles.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I doubt after spraining his MCL we expose Locker to harm by using options. maybe in a few more weeks when he gets all of his speed back.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Good point.

I can't remember us doing it yet (believe there was mis-direction pitch option once) and feel it would definitely open up the run game. Just doing it once or twice a game would be enough to mix up our run game and possibly pick up a few extra first downs.

I guess the point I'm making is that if they're going to try to key on CJ, we need to use it to our advantage and make them pay for it.

9. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

i got him to acknowledge an erroneous statement on his taylor thompson claim in another thread earlier today....that should be 758 moolah

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I really hope we work on our running game during the bye week. Ironic that as I type this, they are talking about Chance Warmack in this Kentucky/Miss State game.

I seriously believe our running game gets to form now. Running against the teams we have played already is like running into a brick wall. We can blame the bad running game against the good defenses we have played, but it's no excuse at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar