Titans working out MSW

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Aye.... now I know why my friend hated teaching bobo math in college

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

What?.. Not sure what you're talking about.

It's pretty simple. I used two stats (tar. and rec.) to come up with a percentage so that I could fairly compare receivers. You said that if he had 40 more receptions that the percentage would change to that of the better receivers. You failed to acknowledge that with those 40 receptions also comes about 85 more targets, which would keep the percentage the same. I was just pointing out that you can't just go making up your own numbers to change the percentage. That was the whole reason I used a percentage, so it would be simple and fair. If you add receptions, you have to assume that the targets will increase by the same rate as before. You can't assume that with 40 targets comes 40 receptions. It just doesn't work that way. It's just simple math. That's all. It's okay if it went over your head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar