Titans working out MSW

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Mike Sims-Walker - WR - Jaguars
    Free agent WR Mike Sims-Walker is working out for the Titans on Tuesday.
    The Nashville Tennessean's John Glennon believes there's "no doubt" the move is related to Kenny Britt's recent "on- and off-field difficulties." MSW was unable to latch on with the veteran-receiver needy Texans earlier this summer despite two different tryouts, so it's doubtful he'll impress the Titans during his workout.
    Source: John Glennon on Twitter
    Jul 24 - 12:02 PM

2. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

please respond

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Even though MSW played on two teams I don't like, I do like him, he's a cool guy. This is good news.

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

I am down.

A healthy Britt, Wright, Washington, Williams, MSW and Jared Cook?

That might be the best receiving corp in franchise history and one of the best currently in the NFL.

I've always liked MSW. Inconsistent but can cause match up problems.

5. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

One of the best still available (not much out there), but I like it

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

If he couldn't make it with the Rams, there is no way he makes it here. I'll pass.

7. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[float][​IMG][/float] Wide receiver Kenny Britt’s latest arrest has added to the Titans’ uncertainty about how available he’ll be to them this season and it appears the team is checking out its options for insurance.

David Glennon of the Tennessean reports that veteran wide receiver Mike Sims-Walker is working out for the Titans on Tuesday. Sims-Walker flopped after signing with the Rams as a free agent last season and got released when St. Louis traded for Brandon Lloyd. He caught just one pass after returning to the Jaguars and hasn’t generated much interest on the open market outside of a brief look from the Texans that didn’t result in a contract.

Britt’s status for camp and the start of the season was already up in the air because of the knee injury he suffered last season and the three combined surgeries he’s had on both his knees. His arrest was the eighth of his relatively brief NFL career, a total that will almost surely land him a suspension from the league at some point this season.

With Kendall Wright still unsigned as the Titans rookies report for camp, the Titans’ need for bodies at receiver is even greater. Sims-Walker probably isn’t much more than a body at this point, but this may be the rare instance when that assessment isn’t a detriment to finding work.

[​IMG]
    Source: Pro Football Talk

8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

I agree ... rams and jags were desperate at wr and they cut him... not a good sign...

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

9. JCBRAVE

I'm sure C.J. is excited by this news, MSW is his childhood best friend.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

He was released from the Jags because of an injury, not cause he's a bad player.

I feel like he could be a great 3rd WR for us while Kenny gets his stuff together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar