Titans working on new contract for Travis Henry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans Working to Rework Henry Contract

SUMMARY: According to the agent representing RB Travis Henry, the Titans are wanting to rework the his current contract. "They want to re-do his deal and they want Travis back," Agent Hadley Engelhard said. "We talked about philosophies and Travis' interest in staying there and length of deals and other types of deals for players that have been recent free agents. It was a great conversation. I look forward to talking to Steve and or Reinfeldt in the near future." Henry rushed for 1,211 yards and seven touchdowns last season. He is under contract through 2009 but is scheduled to collect an $8.3 million roster bonus in March.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

We need to keep Henry. I think he'll be at top back for at LEAST 2 or 3 more years.

[​IMG]

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We have to run more and keep it close to really get into RBBC. I hope we get to run enough to see it. We were 5th in the NFL in rushing, and White still didn't get much. Hopefully he'll get more with Chris gone.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

How much with the Titans be willing to pay a guy one bad test away from a year's suspension? If they do sign him to a new deal, there better be some serious clauses in it including the ability to get back some bonus moolah.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Oh yeah. I'm sure there will be a lot of protection written in. But it seems like the team is willing to make a commitment to him as long as they're protected, and he seems glad to be here. I hope it's a nice long deal...

6. McNair's lockout had zero to do with his bonus. The bonus had already been declined by then. It was about his $9M base salary and the fact they already knew he wouldn't be a Titan in 2006 so they didn't want to risk him getting hurt.

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I love T-Hen and I'm happy that he's getting a new deal. Lendale, um, no comment.

8. He hasn't gotten a new deal yet. They still have to hammer something out within the next 2 weeks.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How can you not like The LenBudda?

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Give him time, I think he'll come through

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar