Titans working on new contract for Travis Henry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We put in McNair's $50M bonus to force a decision to cut or keep him, and also save up cap room by allowing us to spread out his signing bonus more from when they signed that contract.

And Henry's contract wasn't from Buffalo. We signed him to a new deal after the trade that included a bonus before the 2nd year since we couldn't afford it the year we traded for him.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It wasn't meant to come out as an outburst.

I was just saying I would like to see more of what White can do next season.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Didn't Henry take a paycut last year to stay with the team?

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

no worries, it's just that I got so pumped seeing Travis the last 10-11 games that I don't want to see him lose carries. I know he's a workhorse and he can carry the rock 25-30 times a game. But then again, I'm with you too in hoping LW gets more looks. Maybe it'll happen, now that Chrissy is likely gone

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

pretty sure he did

6. He didn't so much take a paycut as delay his bonus by 1 year, from 2006 to 2007.

7. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Travis henry posted a 1,200 hundred yard season thats a very soild year considering he did share some carries, and I dont feel its much as a running back by commitee as just a blow here and there and situational packages. Travis is here and now and Lendale can get his bones and learn his way until it is his time it is not a bad situation to have. Travis henry is the rhinocsarus and Lendale is our bulldozer with a 3rd gear of speed to make our offense that much more potent.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

is that a similarity ?

9. Overalls

Overalls Starter

but if Y'all "McNair" him he is taking a pay cut because BLB is going to do the ol' "restructure or cut him" deal and he won't see the actual bonus he was promised because it will be pushed back and pushed back.

10. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

At first, RBBC wasn't very appealing to me. But seeing how well it has worked for other teams, including both in the SB, I really wouldn't mind. Even though they are both powerful runners, White and Henry both have their own gear and pace which makes them a great 1-2 punch for our run-heavy style of offense. With Vince managing this and coming up with the big plays on top of that, this could eventually be one of our most potent offenses ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar