Titans Working on Contract Offer for Gage

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans have begun contract talks with WR Justin Gage. “There have been some conversations and we’ll continue to talk,” his agent reported. “He would like to stay and if we work out something all parties feel is a fair contract, he will stay,” Gage matched Roydell Williams with a team-high 55 receptions and led the Titans with 750 receiving yards. Last year, Gage was signed for a one-year deal with a $400,000 signing bonus and a $600,000 base salary.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

I hope we sign him to a 4/5 year deal. I think he could be a very very solid number 2 for many years

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

He can be a beast at #2 or #3

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Look for almost four million to keep this guy. If they approach him the same way they did bennett and wade last year we will end up losing him. They better make some serious offers to the guy.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I like him, but there are more fish in the pond. No way he commands a contract like Bennett.

6. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Great news i hope we can get a deal worked out with this guy, he proved that he can be a #2 target and he is tough too! If we can locked this guy and go after a big name target such as, maybe Fitzgerald or anyone else in that same category, we could be deadly next year. Also we could trade the Thug #32 to dallas for the beast Barber or Jones man!! If i could be a general manager for just one day.:brow:

7. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

for jones? julius jones is trash

8. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Gage deserves to be the number 2 receiver no matter what big name player we get via trade or free agency. Just don't make him a number 1 like we did with Bennett.

My perfect receiving core for next season

1. Roy Williams
    2. Justin Gage
    3. Limas Sweed
    4. Roydell Williams
    5. Paul Williams.

But if we get 2 receivers like for example. Roy Williams and lets sayy umm Stallworth.. Then

1. Roy Williams
    2. Donte Stallworth
    3. Justin Gage
    4. Limas Sweed <~~ Im basically only using his name to mean a rookie receiver. Could be anyone
    5. Roydell Williams
    6. Paul Williams

9. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

at least it looks like to me that they are making gage a priority to get signed which is good to see. i hope they get it done.

m. barber is the cowboys horse and won't trade him after they just resigned him. also j. jones is crap to. we have a back better than him with the same style running. chris henry.

one last thing is everyone knows that the titans never make flashy big name pick ups in free agency. we either draft or pick guys up like wade or gage and try to develop hidden talent. so if we do sign someone in fa it will be a small name wr. if we do get ocho cinco, roy or fitz ill be glad to admit being wrong about what i just said. haha

10. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

The guy can't be any worst than C Brown and younger and quicker etc,etc. Anyway the running back position needs a little help, Lendale can't handle 30 carrries every single game, C.Henry still to young also, lets hope that Lendale don't show to camp weight in a 400 pounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar