Titans work out Larry Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

So Washington is now the benchmark as to who to keep and not keep?
    Might wanna rethink that comment...

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. mdfan

mdfan Starter

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Putting Blount on the practice squad is now major evidence in the "Fish should be fired" movement? Wow.

It's a shame we lost him. He didn't fit very well on our team, and we cut him. Getting from 80 to 53 isn't easy. If Blount becomes a pro-bowler, it's a bigger deal, but he still isn't going to be better than CJ. You didn't see the Colts considering Aaron Rodgers in the draft. This was at a much lower priority level, too.

Nothing like on-going overreaction. Even better than the knee jerkers in here on Sunday nights.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

1. Yes. And let's pretend this is the first time Fisher has evaluated talent piss-poorly. (I can count at least 7 times off the top of my head- ones that were clear cases, at least)

2. He didn't fit very well on our team? Are you serious? Chris Johnson doesn't fit our team/scheme at ALL, yet what would you say if we just let some other team have him?

3. Being better than CJ isn't what matters. What matters is- we had a damned good change of pace back that's doing great things as a rookie- while CJ looks to be declining, and will be on another team in a few years. It was a brain-dead decision that clearly wasn't thought through. If that's not reason to be fired- I'd love to know where you work that's so lax to where you can sleep on the job and all is well.

4. Aaron Rodgers? Do what??

5. VA_Titans

VA_Titans Camp Fodder

I think LJ could be a great fit if we could get him for the right price

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

It's not an over reaction at all. This dude is a stud that we had on our squad for nothing at all. And we gave him away. You're telling me Donnie Nickey is a better roster spot then Blount? Or Colin Allred? Yeah right. That was a complete moron move, yet again proving that Fisher is unable to evaluate talent. IE Jared Cook. Or Kenny Britt. Or Bo Scaife. Or Kerry Collins. This is a perfect example of why he should be fired.

And idk what that nonsense about Rodgers and The Colts was about....Blount is an undrafted free agent who we got for dirt cheap who has starting RB skills and we just handed him over

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Show me a team who has not given up a player who turned out to be good.

Blount has 4.8 yards per carry. Ringer has 4.5. Think Ringer couldn't duplicate Blount's production if given the same number of carries? Do the math and Ringer would have around 20 yards less so far this season.

Would I like to have Blount on the team? Sure. But based on the information Fisher had based on his work an entire training camp and preseason, he felt the team had more needs than a #3 RB.

You guys make it sound like the Titans would be 7-2 if Blount was on the roster when the reality is that CJ needs his 20-25 carries a game and Ringer is almost as productive as the player you guys think is the second-coming of Bettis.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

No I don't think Ringer could duplicate Blount's season, and where is any evidence to suggest he could?

Blount has more carries in this season than Ringer has in his 2 seasons. Blount looks like the perfect style change of pace back that would complement CJ.

You say Blount would be a #3 RB here if we kept him.... that's not a good thing... that's not something positive about Fisher.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Okay, let's say Blount was kept and Ringer released. You think Blount would have significantly more carries than Ringer now? I don't.

If Ringer were on the Bucs, he's have a lot more yards, IMO. Teams are not stacking it in to stop Blount. If Ringer saw those defenses, he's probably break a few longer carries.

It's all hypothetical. But it's not like Blount eclipses Ringer's production per carry.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That's a loaded question. Would he have more carries? Probably not.

SHOULD he have more carries? Absolutely.

Maybe Ringer is better than I think. He had that one big run this season. But I haven't seen Ringer make any of the moves that Blount has.

I really think Blount is the much better running back though.

Blount also doesn't have the "best blocking TE eva eva eva" Craig Stevens... unless maybe those extra blockers aren't as important...

I don't know how Tampa's o-line compares to ours either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar