Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans won't use franchise tag on TE Jared Cook

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Mar 4, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $37,509
    He has the best hands on the team. Period.
  2. HeadOnASwivel Starter

Moolah:
    $2,077
    Better than the 10.5m for Cook. We're gonna be waaaaay under the cap anyway so I don't see the big deal.
  3. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,900
  4. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,188
    Just because you're under cap, doesn't mean you should overpay for players. That's how you get stuck with Michael Griffin/Eugene Amano contracts.
    SlidePiece high fives this.
  5. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,900
    That is how bad teams stay bad.
    HeadOnASwivel high fives this.
  6. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,983

How is he "by far" the best player we have on offense? His numbers don't indicate that. Last year he was our third best WR. Big deal.

Move back to Detroit and cheer for that team you are not wanted here. You hate the team so go to hell and good riddance.
  7. Two Kings NJ Titan

George
    Moolah:
    $5,469
    Take 'em

A source tells the Chicago Tribune that free agent Jared Cook will draw interest from the Bears.

Related: Bears

Mar 5 - 11:20 AM
  8. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,983
    Duece Wayne has convinced me that it was the right thing. I'm frankly sick and tired of people complaining we don't use him right. His own limitations are the reason why.He is a 245 lb WR and that is all.

Let's just find a real TE who is a good receiver like Dustin Keller or Fred Davis and move on.
    xpmar9x and Two Kings high five this.
  9. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,983

Wow the legendary Jay cutler throwing him the ball. I doubt the Bears will pay him what he wants given what they are already paying their top WR. They didn't want to pay Olson that kind of money 2 years ago.

Where does cook think he will end up? All the top Qbs have good TEs. He will go to a crappy team with a mediocre passing game and his numbers will not improve.
  10. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $5,174
    it sucks @ you