Titans won't admit it, but they miss Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

People are way too quick to forget that this defense was dominant with Haynesworth on the sidelines for long stretches last season.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you know what the shame of that is? we could have signed him for half of that after the 2007 season, but we were too cheap to do it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

As I said in another thread. The titans knew albert wasnt worth what he was asking and what they offered him was about right in retrospect. Blame the media for hyping a guy who plays 60% of the snaps and no more than 13 games in a season. Big Al has great natural ability, but natural ability means nothing if its not in the right scheme, and used the correct way. Dan Snyder should have donated 100 million to charity rather than sign albert for that much. 6 years? Will Haynesworth be able to play in 6 years. I give him 4 more max. Just saying.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't miss Haynesworth. I do miss that 2nd round pick we just wasted though.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'll admit it. We do miss Albert. But not nearly as much as people tend to think. As mentioned, the guy needed a break every other play. Sure he is a beast at times, but more often than not, he has to take a breather on the sidelines.

I do think that we should have locked him up before everyone in the NFL and their mother's anointed him as the best DL in the league. We could have and should have locked him up before last season.

But since we didn't, there is no use crying over spilled milk. He's gone and we're gonna move on without him.

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

At this point, I think a better case can be made for Schwartz.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

4-17 is the record that everyone should familiarize themselves with

8. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Everyone misses this point. They're stuck on the 100m. He would have been much cheaper.

9. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

I wish you can point them out for me.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Well, you can start by reading this thread. Next, read every Haynesworth thread. Then read every article about the Titans written by any sports journalist in the past 6 months.

Everyone thinks the team is in trouble without AH. I don't. A few others around here agree with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar