Titans Win in Windy Buffalo, 30-29

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giddyupzil

giddyupzil Camp Fodder

Possible Explanation

...for why the Bills went for it on 4th and 5.

I was hoping to get this post in on Sunday, but my username wasnt validated until today so sorry this is getting in a little late. Anyways, with my first post on GoTitans I'de like to make a good impression with the following...

Most people will probably say that it was because the Bills head coach didnt have confidence in his kicker making a 45 yarder with the wind blowing 20 mph, which is most likely the reason.

But I personally think this is why...

Jeff Fisher and co. sent out the FG block team, thinking there was no way the Bills were going for it. Head coach Dick Juron tried to get tricky and sent out his offense. He was hoping that the Titans would call a timeout, and have only one for their comeback drive. Lucky for us Fisher is the best HC in the league and knew that he was going to need both of those timeouts if Vince was going to lead a successful comeback drive. JP Losman, not even expecting to run a play, was probably a little dazed when he saw 3 seconds on the playclock and no whistle blowing.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

a 45 yard FG against the 25 MPH winds was no chip shot. fourth and five is a makeable down and distance, they didnt have to just heave it to the endzone.

i dont think there was any trickery involved.

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I was there, right at that endzone side too, there was no way they were kicking that with the wind blowing that hard against them, im even suprised Bironas made a fg when he was kicking against it one time

4. There was no way they would hit that field goal. It would have been tougher than Bironas' 60 yarder a few weeks back...

5. giddyupzil

giddyupzil Camp Fodder

I assume my topic got merged into this one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar