Titans Willing to Match Any Deal Collins Receives

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

You should be down rep'ed for this! :irked:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Garcia would be better then Collins. I would love me some Garcia. He would make our WR look just good enough to manage the beat down our running game gives.

3. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I don't think they needed to make that statement. Are they hoping to shy other teams away so the Titans can avoid a bidding war? I am interested to see how this goes.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Yes. I think they WANT Collins to know that if he's gonna play, they want him in Tenn...so Collins is gonna be histant to play anywhere else AND the Titans might not need to pay more than another team to keep him.

Secondly, they don't want marginal teams trying to get in the KC bidding war. If you know Collins is going back to Tenn and you'd have to drastically overpay to have a shot...for 2 years...why bother?

So I think it limits the teams that will pursue him and makes KC feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

Gut

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

:suspect:

Please elaborate on why you think that's a good idea.Entertain us buddy.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

There's hope for you yet!
    :disbelief

that's spot on!

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

the Panthers? I can see the Devil in a parka and mittens making a snowman before that happens.

8. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

10 Million a year? Are you guys suggesting this out of your minds. Or am I not understanding you correctly? We supposedly offered Haynseworth 9 . . . and we give an aging QB who simply manages the game 10 Million a year? If we do that, I might have to jump off a freaking bridge. How many quarterbacks in the league get 10 mill a year? How much did he make last year? I would guess not more than 2-3 mill. No way we pay him than and no way anyone else does. He will get around 3-4 mill maybe and I feel that is a bit high.

9. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Did a little looking into things.

Peyton 11.5 mill
    Brady 8 mill a year (including 3 million bonus)
    Palmer 7.75
    Eli 9.9 mill
    Delhome 6.1
    Favre 12
    Hasselback 6.7
    McNabb 6.4
    Brees 5
    Cutler 6.5

Ok, and you want to pay Collins 10 mill? For what he gives us at 10 mill, I would take simms I think . . . maybe even young. Maybe he should get 5-6. 2 years 11 mill sounds legit.

10. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Regardless of who our starter is we need to talk to Vince about re-negotiating his contract. Unless of course he starts but if he is riding the pine there is no way he deserves 9 mill.

I hope we get Collins back but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he left. Garcia would be a great replacement.

I too also thought Leftwich played pretty well given his small amount of playing time in Pittsburgh. Just saying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar