Titans will win?...take a look!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by whitevick331, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

The titans are 4-3 in week 5 games since 2000
    the titans are 4-3 coming off bye weeks since 2000
    the titans have scored 28.3 points a game on week 5 since 2000
    the titans are 6-0 vs nfc south teams since 2000
    the titans are 1-0 vs the falcons since 2000
    Jeff fisher is 12-1 agiasnt NFC south teams

take the past and u get a 27-7 record which means that gives us a
    80% chance of winning

Vince Young is 10-6 as a starter

that gives us a 37-13 record for a chance of winning to 74% chance of winning

the falcons are 1-3 this year so minus losses and add a win it gives us a 38-10 record which is 79% chance of winning

what does this mean... Put your money on the titans...we are going 3-1 plus them falcons suck.
    But its not guaranteed we will win becuase its the NFL, but its a darn good chance

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:applause: Schwartz... is that you?

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

You did some work on that

4. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Wow! You’re definitely analytical. I think you are right! That said, all the fantasy reports are saying, “Don not start LenDale White” this week. Illness is the reason. What is going on? Are we talking the flue or something else? We need him in a big way!

5. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i love this and all...but how much free time do you have??? i could really use someone to come over to my house and baby sit my cat.:moon2:

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

The numbers aren't exactly right.

How many of those games are repeated within the different records? For example, the game played against the Falcons since 2000 is also in the record for the Titans vs. the NFC South since 2000. The game is being counted twice, when there was only one game played.

That's a unique formula you are using for our percentage chance of winning:huh:

And honestly, the past in no way can effect our "percentage chance of winning".

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Also, past record doesn't have anything to do with the chance of the score this week. But that's one of about a hundred problems with that "stat analysis". If anything, this is a great argument for why stats can prove anything without actually meaning anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar