Titans Will Spend Extra Time with Young

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans want to get to know Texas QB Vince Young as well as they know USC's Matt Leinart and Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler. The Titans are set to spend time with Young, getting to know him and talking football over the next day and a half in order to better determine if or where Young might fit into their plans with the No. 3 overall pick in April's draft. Their time with Young will begin with his Pro Day today to be followed by “chalk talk” and other interviews tomorrow. "I think we just need to put our stamp on who Vince Young is," said Titans scout Blake Beddingfield. "We want to just meet the guy and get to know Vince Young. We want to watch him be around his teammates and see whether or not he’s a leader."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. titanduck77

titanduck77 Camp Fodder

sounds good!

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think Leinart is out of reach. I think he is now destined to go #2 to SOMEBODY... who, I do not know... I think Reese will ultimately have to decide between Cutler or Young... or else go another route all together.

as for now, I'm back on the Young bandwagon again.

4. 2toneblue77

2toneblue77 Guest

out of the three qb's id rank young behind leinart, but i think he is the biggest playmaker of the three. We all remember 99 when mcnair still had his wheels and when there was nothing on the field he would run for 40 yards. I think young is definately the same kind of player...maybe better. The thing for me is 7 or 8 years from now when hes all banged up and has to stay in the pocket is he gonna have the ability to play smart? I don't think mcnair makes good decisions as much as he should, but when he was in his prime we were in the top of the league for years. I think young will have a career much like McNair. Although i think young is a better athlete than McNair was coming out of college, I don't think he's as smart of a player and it could hurt us later on down the road.

5. Brian

Brian Big Fan

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not sure Leinart is out of reach. Although I'll agree he might very well be the #1 QB at this point I don't think he is so much better than the other 2 that a team is willing to give up the farm to move up to #2 to get him. If the Jets stay put they still would get their choice of Cutler or Young and any other moves would literally cost a team their whole draft. Not worth it. A team like the Lions could move up a couple of spots and still get one of the top 3. Unless NO is willing to take less than full value in a trade I don't see a trade happening and NO is going to want to grab Brick or Williams and not want to trade down and miss one of those guys IMO.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

BiPolar people likes them some Vince

[​IMG]

8. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

like ME! I LOVES ME SOME VINCE, AND I AM DRIVING THE VINCE TRAIN BABY! AAAAAAAAAAAALL ABOARD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar