Titans will not use their first-round pick on an offensive lineman this year

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Repeating a lot of thoughts in this thread, but..

I think a lot of these picks are dangerous. Not an OL according to Munchak.

A lot of DE's are reaches. Mocks are all over the place on Coples & Ingram, Coples likely won't be there at 20 anyways. As mentioned, Ingram is viewed as more of a 3-4 LB. Vinny Curry is a reach at 20, and won't be available to us in the 2nd either.

Perry is even smaller than Mercilus, so that's unlikely considering Gray's scheme. I wouldn't mind the Mercilus pick, but will see if that's what we do.

Barron is the only safety worth a 1st but with his recent injury, I think he may slip to an early 2nd rounder.

The more and more I think about it, I wouldn't be shocked if the pick is indeed a DT. It's the deepest pool of talent and although is not a major need, it's still somewhat of a need (if JJ walks or is kept at DE). Marks/Smith are not starting DT caliber.

I think guys like Brockers, Worthy, Poe & Still are better talents/less risks than ANY of the DE's.

CB is probably an outside option if Finny leaves.

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

The thing about us taking a DT in the first (which is what I'm hoping) is we took 3 last year. The way I look at it though we didn't have any true DT last year before the draft. I think Klug was pick to be a tweener type guy and Clayton got the nod because he knew someone and his work ethic. However I do see DE and DT in the first. I'm hoping for Vinny Curry falling in our laps in the 2nd the kid loves forcing fumbles.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

In the first? Yes.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am going to be pissed if we draft a corner and let Finnegan go. It will make no sense whatsoever and everyone who says that we "farm" players will be correct.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if we trade down and I may even support that decision too.

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Trading down would be ideal, that way we would secure multiple picks and be able to land one of the top prospects that fall into the second. While being able to land a few quality plays with our late second and whatever else we get with our first pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

^^^^^^^ bingo! That's our best option.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I'm not looking up draft pick points, but we are in an odd spot where we will probably end up reaching for someone. I did see the only team with 2 second round picks is the eagles which wouldn't make much sense for them to trade up when they already pick 15th.

So who would move up to the pick 20?

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

That's really the hard part, it will depend if a prospect falls oddly, putting another team in a position to try and trade back into the first to grab them. Without the draft actually playing out and paying extreme attention to details of what each team needs and covets.... It's a real toss up.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It depends how much he wants.

10. cutter10

cutter10 Rookie

I truly believe the Titans will pull a STUNNER with the 20th pick, and after digesting it , fans will love it , everyone is screaming for a big time DE/DT, but you can get one of those in the later rds. Titans had the #1 defense at one time, they were worn down because the offense was always three and out, Titans don't need much, just get more creative on defense and get one of those big O-linemen and a game -breaking WR

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar