Titans will make the playoff

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

At 2-2 it's unrealistic to guarantee playoff or no playoffs. It's not even cold out yet and The Titans haven't played a single division game. ANYTHING can happen folks.
    Look to injuries on this team and our division foes. Whoever remains relatively healthy will have a good shot at it. Folks are foaming at the mouth about Fisher so much it seems they forgot this team still has games to play and all this nonsense means squat with a few more wins in the coming weeks.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I'm not concerned at all about this team. We are only one game back and still have all our division games to play. we have more than enough time and games left. I actually like where we are right now compared to the past. we are a very strong team and only a few plays away from being 4-0 right now and haven't even come close to peaking yet.

remember our 10-0 start and how we burned out after that. every year you see teams start out alittle shaky but get on a hot streak towards the end of the season and into the playoffs.

our offense is slowly opening up and showing signs of improving. give us a few more games to get everything in sync and this offense will look completely different. if we can go 0-6 and almost make playoffs 2-2 should be nothing to worry about

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

We will not make the playoff.
    7-9 I'm looking at the draft already.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Great.. Come back in April.

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Idk what you guys think but imo. I think the perfect style for the offense would be a pass first style. Only if VY showed he could handle it. But think about it. You have a pass first offense with CJ that means we can have the defense spread out all game. And when we do give it to CJ, it will be huge holes for him. Sorta like Dallas offensive style. Cj won't have as many yards a game, but we will win and teams will have a tough task because they know we will pass all game if it's there. I know it sounds crazy but i just think if we aired it out all game and used CJ on screens and dumpoffs more. The D will give us so much space that when we do run with VY or CJ, it will be nothing but open space. Just my opinion

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Thing is, I'm to the point where I just don't have any confidence that we can beat a team in the playoffs. Sure, it's all well and good to get there, but what's the point if we'll just blow it again? To me we don't stand a chance of beating teams like Pittsburgh, Baltimore, San Diego, Indy, The Jets, New England. Besides unless 6-10 makes the playoffs I shouldn't worry too much.

7. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

The only thing that is saving us right now is that other teams in our Division are in the same boat as us. Houston I believe is overrated with a 3-1 record. I have a feeling they'll collapse as usual because they have a fairly tough schedual I could see them losing 8 of their 12 remaining games (Indy, Us twice, Jets, Bal, Philly, SD, and KC). They probably win a few more then that but who knows...

The Colts are 0-2 in Divisional play that helps a lot considering we still have all our Divisional games left to play. (also recent Superbowl losers don't have a great year following that loss.)

The Jags are an 8-8 at best, probably worse. Though I'm not completely wrighting
    them off with a 2-2 record. They're an up and down team lets hope their down when we face them on MNF.

That leaves us. We may only be an 8-8 team like the Jags, but if we can beat the Cowboys and then the Jags on MNF then were a legit playoff contender for sure. If we split or lose the next two games I just don't see us reaching the playoffs without an amazing run the second half of the season. These next two games for us are wins we have to have. The reason?

We have to keep pace with the Texans and Colts. Texans have two very winnable games upcoming for them (NYG, KC) though they could trip up easily. The Colts also have winnable games for them as well. (KC, WASH). I could also see the Colts trip up with at least one of their matches. Then of course we have the Jags who we play on MNF. If we are a playoff team we have to beat the Jags. These next two games a very critical for us.

8. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

We need more 3 to 4 wide reciever sets. And putting VY in the shotgun will open up the Ds a little more giving CJ more space. CJ needs to get the ball in space. Stop this up the middle crap for little to no gain all the time. This offense could be very explosive. I don't see how at least trying it would hurt the offense. Then we'd really get to see if VY could handle a heavier load. Remember he ran the shotgun style offense in college and I think he's more comfortable still in that type of system. If he fails miserably at it then we will get off Fisher's back about opening up the offense more cause then we'll know the reason.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Our team is not better than Indy or Houston on paper. If we make the playoffs its because of intangibles and guys playing above their normal level.

10. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Fisher already knows the reason. He's not going to purposely do something that will be worse than the way things are now to prove something to a fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar