Titans will lose the next 6 games.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Damage control after stupidly saying he would never be any good. No QB is good simply because he throws a lot of passes. That is ignorant.

Another stupid call by Duece. See Patrick Peterson, Carlos Dunlap among others. Being stupid after the fact doesn't make up for stupid before. Stupid is s till stupid.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He is beyond smoking he is in Timothy Leary LSD territory. This board just keeps getting dumber by the minute.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

They didn't renovate soldiers field you knot head they built a whole new stadium at that site and only kept some of the historical outside walls. I have been to the old soldiers field i know.

Your own link line 2 says it was a "complete rebuild".

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

stop talking about $500m renovations. you referenced the renovation(which was pretty much a full rebuild) of a stadium constructed in 1924. it is not comparable. stop acting like it is. also, we aren't Chicago. the stadium we have suits this city just fine.

if they can field a decent product(which i get is the heart of the issue here) people will continue to fill the stands, regardless of how poor the quality you deem the stadium to have.

and again, the mega stadiums arent the norm. you can act like they are, but they represent a small population of the actual league facilities.

5. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

Well, LP Field suits Nashville perfectly. But will it suit the Titans, considering the money that other owners are making with their stadiums? I am not saying that Nashville should fork over $500 Million for an upgrade. But if, say, Toronto says it will put $500 million on a stadium, would the ownership say that $300 million LP Field suitable? I am not saying this should happen, but keep in mind, that is how Nashville got the Titans from Houston. This is just how the process works.

What the mega stadiums have done is open up the possibility that every team can try for one. That is where places like Toronto and London can enter into the fray. You see what LA has done.

But you are right, a better product on the field would quiet all of this discussion. But from whence will this product come?

6. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

LP hosts a bowl, another team's home games, various concerts, international soccer matches, CMA fest or whatever it's called, etc.

i'd say if it's a $300m facility that gets that sort of use it's ROI is probably more solid than Jerryland or whatever. London is a long way off and would likely be an expansion. i dont think it ever happens though.

there are only a handful of owners/cities than can afford a stadium of that caliber.

7. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

[​IMG]
    If you picked Titans to loose six in a row select one of these new homes. :moon2:

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

people will go to a stadium exactly 1 time because it is a new stadium.

They return because of what transpires inside the stadium

Play Titanball and the stadium will be full and loud

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Haha jesse, wrong again!

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Has he ever been right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar