Titans will lose the next 6 games.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TenACTyrant

TenACTyrant Hey Reynaldo TURN AROUND!

wish i knew what "sucked" about my post. i think it's pretty spot on. name one defensive player in the front seven that is legitimately a franchise player? Morgan is the only one with any real potential(i'm over Jones) and he's yet to do anything. our linebackers are undersized and weak.

it'd be a great change to have a 6'5 260 lb. linebacker roaming around.

2. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

What evidence that you have that says a losing team in a small market is viable for the long term? Heck, even in MN, that is almost 5 times as big as Nashville, they are having problems, and the Vikings have always been there.

I am not saying that Bud doesn't have enough money to keep the team in Nashville if he wants, whether they sell out or not. But if the team keeps losing and the people stop showing up, why would he need to, especially if there is another town willing to foot the bill for a new pro football stadium. Goodell is really pushing a team for Canada, Mexico City and the UK... :stirpot:

3. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

At this point, considering the Britt injury, I would have to say having VY would give the team more offensive weapons than they have right now. He adds a dimension that Hassleback doesn't. VY is a playmaker, which is better suited for teams with less talent at the skill positions, such are the Titans without Britt and a slumping CJ.

In terms of the cities you listed, all of them have advantages over Nashville in terms of demogrpahics, population, history with teams and wealth. Nashville is in the same boat as Jacksonville and Buffalo in terms of demographics, and neither of those cities' teams are there due to a relocation, and both are in serious danger of losing their teams.

To be clear, I am not calling for the Titans to leave Nashville. I am calling for them to put forth more effort as an organization towards actually fielding a more competitive and Super Bowl contending team on a regular basis. Since they have been in Nashville, they have had more losing or 8-8 seasons than winning seasons. That is what I am fed up with. Organizations like the Steelers, the Patriots, and, up until this year, the Colts are consistently competitive. Largely due to better scouting, management and coaching. These are things that require investment. The Titans seem to go cheap and rely on luck in these areas. There is no defiinte plan or model that they employ in making these types of decisions. And the product every year shows this. What I am affraid of is that this continued mediocrity will eventually drive down local support and then drive the team away.

4. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Rookie

i call that a good day against the 4th best defense in the league. with probably one of the best group of LBs. no one calling for ringer this week. he put up 100 total yards. no his fault we resulted to throwing the second half for some reason.

5. TenACTyrant

do you know one thing all of those teams share in common? they all managed to find stud franchise quarterbacks. we pissed away five years on what was supposed to be our franchise quarterback only to find out he was dumb, lazy and self centered.

i'm not taking up for the FO, because frankly i think reinfeldt is useless and we haven't had a productive draft in a long long long time. but it's some time off before we're in trouble of losing the team. seattle doesnt have any more history or reason to have a support than we do. atlanta has a bigger market but i'm pretty sure their in town support is paled by the titans fans' support. atlanta is a terrible sports market.

6. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

Manning and Brady are once in a lifetime talents, and that will take you far in the NFL. But Rothlesberger is not a stud QB. He is good, but the Steelers have a Modus Operandi that keeps them competitive year in and year out. The Titans do not. They luck upon a Steve McNair or a Eddie George and ride them into the ground. VY was a viable option at QB. They didn't use him right (and that is coaching) and he was a head case, but my point is they don't have a system for success.

Seattle is bigger than Nashville and has better demograpghics to support a team. Plus, the Seahawks have always been in Seattle, not a transplant like the Titans. Atlanta is bigger and has better demographics as well. Atl will always have pro-sports teams, not beacuse of a rabbid fan base, but because there are enough corporations there to sell out their luxury suites every year. Not the case with Nashville.

The only realistically comparable situations in the NFL to Nashville are Jacksonville and Buffalo. What has saved the Titans from the dangers that those two cities are facing is that right after the Titans first came to Nashville, they moved into a new public stadium and went to the Super Bowl and came up a yard short. That created a core group of fans for a while. But year after year of mediocrity is making that Super bowl appearance seem further and further away. Coming up a yard short has driven fans to conitue to support them, looking for that last yard. But, if they never get back, then those fans will get weary of the excuses.

7. TenACTyrant

ummm i dunno if you dont consider Roethlisberger a stud at this point you dont know what you're watching. i hate the guy, but he's a phenomenal player.

also, didnt atlanta just lose a pro sports franchise this year?

demographics mean nothing if the numbers arent there to support. percentage wise nashville supports the titans way better than atlanta supports the falcons.

i understand your theory, but it's inaccurate and too early.

the only real uncertainty lies in who takes control of the team when bud is gone.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

This is one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum. Congratulations.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

Big Ben is a product of a good defense that makes up for his mistakes. He is really outside of their MO in Pitt. He is a good QB, but definitely not a Manning or Brady. He isn't even a Brees, Rogers, or Rivers. He is better than anything the Titans have fielded in the last 5 years, and he is probably in the top 10 in the NFL, but he ain't the reason they have won 2 Super Bowls since he got there. I wouldn't consider him a franchise QB, but a good QB for a team with a dominant D and some good skill players on the O, which the Steelers have year in and year out. Put him on the Titans and you may have a Wild card team, not a Super Bowl contender.

Sure the Titans have "better" fans than the have in ATL, but I think you underestimate how much demographics do matter. The fans in Buffalo and MN are very good fans, and have supported those teams for decades. Yet, the money just isn't in the community to keep up with what they have done in Dallas, D.C. and NY. It takes more than fans buying up cheap seats, it is about new stadiums (publically financed), licensing and leasing, and that is strictly about corporations.

ATL lost a hockey team. Hockey teams do terrible everywhere south of I-70.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

How much money do you want to bet on the Titans moving in the next decade? I'll gladly take whatever monetary bet you want to make.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar