Titans Will Look for Best Player Available in Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Best available. We'll be taking either DE, CB, or a LB/OL who has fallen much further than they should have....possibly a HB if there's a huge fall too

WR fans will have to wait till day 2. Although to be honest, we usually dont start drafting/signing WRs till we see that our QB is good enough to build the entire team around.

2. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

you need good receivers to be a good QB

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

I'm of that opinion too. but we were just fine letting mcnair throw to whoever was already on the team till we felt he was good enough to start brining in guys like pickens (bust) and then start drafting WRs in 02it seemed

I dont have any numbers right now, but it felt like they waited till they were sure that mcnair was going to be good before they started bringing in new WRs through draft and all.

4. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

We have never really had a great WR. The best WR we have ever had on the team was Mason.

Ravens SUCK

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Some guy on another thread was crying that every team in the division had a stud WR now except us. Who won the division?

Is there a direct coorelation between having a top 10 set of Wrs and winning? Prior to 2008 the cards didn't win squat with their WRs. How many playoff games have the bengals won with their stud WRs?

When did the rams last make the playoffs? Holt is a sure hall of famer.

The lions couldn't win a game with calvin johnson and roy williams.

Did the boys get any better when roy williams showed up? Quite a few people here wanted us to give up a first rd pick for roy.

6. SARGO127

SARGO127 Starter

I love either Davis, Nicks, Butler, or Harvin at 30.

7. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i say nicks if he is there...

8. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

I don't know how well we could implement a DE hybrid into our scheme. If anything is drafted on the line my guess would be more of a run stopping DE to help fill gaps. But I could easily see DE being where we go at 30.

2007 B sucks and will probably never play a down of meaningful football.

2006 everyone was ecstatic over A and B and neither have really done what was expected.

B in 2008 hasn't proven himself quite yet so don't go jumping all over this. And you can't gauge fan reaction based off of one draft only a year ago.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar