Titans will "discuss" Randy Moss

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well, that sucks for him if that's the case.

They will win the division with him, but won't do much in the playoffs. Impressive one way or another. I think we all expected a maximum of 3 wins for the Rams.

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

why would a 2 win team pick up moss when they pretty much out of the playoffs right now? st louis is the team with the lowest win total that has a shot at the playoffs. they have 3 injured WRs. Moss Jackson Bradford would be scary.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

True. But I bet teams that know he wouldn't want to play for them won't even bother. It's probably fair to say the Ram fall into this category.

4. TitansfaninKY

TitansfaninKY Starter

Yeah I think we are the first team that he would want to play for. We are playoff contenders and with him we become super bowl contenders. Jeff Fisher will be able to keep control of him much like the pats were. I think its a good option even if we hardly throw to him, he will be a target and it will open up our run game and boost other receivers. It will also be good for Britt who could learn a lot from him and give Britt more time to develop.

5. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

If he is not picked up by a team within 24 hours he is a free agent right?

I have never really delved into the waiver rules, but that is my understanding.

6. RavensShallBurn

Who is this 2 win team you speak of?

I never mentioned that he would go to a 2 win team. I did say I predicted he would go to the Chargers for several reasons... They're about to go on a huge streak and make a run for the playoffs in a division that is still up for grabs. The Chargers star receiver, Vincent Jackson, is still sidelined. Legedu Nannee is hurt. Malcom Floyd is hurt. Buster Davis is hurt. Philip Rivers is leading the league in passing yards and is #2 in TDs. They're pass happy, but lack a deep threat. Moss would come in and make that team a contender. Too little too late? Probably, but Moss would be able to pile on huge numbers that would add to already very impressive stats over his 13 year career.

What is the difference between the Chargers and the Rams? Sure, the Rams beat the Chargers a few weeks back, but San Diego is the better team and a better fit for Moss in the present and in the future.

7. RavensShallBurn

You are correct. This is exactly what the Pats are hoping for. He wants to be back in New England if at all possible. There's no doubt.

8. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

Does that mean the remainder of his existing contract (6.5million) is null and void? In other words the negotiations would start all over from scratch?

If so, why would he go back to the Pats? He left the Pats because they wouldn't pay him lol.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Lol he isn't even cut.

10. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

I would like to have Moss simply for the fact that the Titans would be in the news every week lol. I am sick of hearing about the Vikings all day every day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar