Titans Will Choose Best Player with #3

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sox Please Click the URLs

Ok lets see if they followed protocol then. Lets see if they are kicking themselves or were they following the data and performance shown according to the Senior Bowl results and the Combine results. Now this is non-biased phylosophy, believe it or not. My phylosophy is they wanted a cornerback and the best one available at that point in the draft according to all the data provided. By the way I have seen some of the data that none of you have, i.e. the actual highlight tape shown to the different NFL teams, GMs, Coaches, prepared by my brother and his agent. Now for the the data, the URLs showing the combine results and numbers (Clearly show Andre as the 3rd ranked corner that year and the Senior Bowl players of the game URL... All key things used in the decision process. After you go to the URLs, then decide if Brian's point is valid....I'll save you some time, but please go there any way... His point is non-valid.

http://www.seniorbowl.com/2006/gamerecaps2000s.htm

NORTH 17, SOUTH 0
    MVP: Larry Johnson, Penn State
    NORTH COACH: Dom Capers, Texans
    SOUTH COACH: Marty Mornhinweg, Lions
    TOP PLAYERS: Carson Palmer, Kyle Boller, Marcus Trufant, Andre Woolfolk, Michael Haynes, Larry Johnson

Not even Heisman Trophy winner Carson Palmer of USC could lead the South to victory in the 2003 Senior Bowl, as the North's dominating defense pitched just the second shutout in the game's 54-year history to win 17-0 in front of the game's ninth straight sellout crowd in Ladd-Peebles Stadium. A pair of Penn State stars led the way for the Yanks, as Defensive MVP Michael Haynes recorded a sack, forced two fumbles and broke up a pass, and college football's premier running back in 2002 -- Larry Johnson -- earned the game's overall MVP Award. Trailing 10-0 in the fourth quarter, the South threatened to the close gap after penetrating to the North eight- yard line. But Notre Dame's Shane Walton stepped in front of a Chris Simms pass and raced a Senior Bowl record 99-yards with the interception for a touchdown to seal the North victory. The contest also featured one of the game's most talented rosters ever. In addition to Palmer, who became the second Senior Bowl player in as many years to be the first overall selection in the NFL Draft, a record-tying 14 members of the North and South squads were selected in the first-round of the draft three months later.

Above is te Senior Bowl History/Recap, please scroll down to 2003 when viewing that URL. Below is the Combine Results for Corners.

Pro Football Weekly's Official Combine Results/Rankings for Cornerbacks

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Insider/2003/Printout2CB.htm

Rk.
    Name
    College
    Ht.
    Wt.
    Sp.
    Gr.
    Com.

Newman, Terence
    Kansas State
    Age, RS

Trufant, Marcus
    Washington State

Woolfolk, Andre
    Oklahoma
    WR

Wilson, Eugene
    Illinois
    RS

Davis, Sammy
    Texas A&M

Weathersby, Dennis
    Oregon State
    MI, X

Asomugha, Nnambi
    California
    S

Garrett, Kevin
    Southern Methodist

Florence, Drayton
    Tuskegee

Groce, DeJuan
    Nebraska
    RS

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I've seen you sell this before, and I'll buy it. Sure, Andre hasn't lived up to his draft day expectations...Myself personally, I expect any 1st day pick to go out there and be the real deal. Some think there is a big difference between a 2nd and 3rd...I look at it as two fold...top of the draft and bottom. When you start getting fine it just gets too scientific, and no matter how much statistical information you lump in you really can't make a science out of a crapshoot.

Anyways, like I was saying...selling this again is pointless...It's all out of some stupid remark...Brain pecked out a sentence or two, and although he didn't make you mad which was likely his aim as Soxcat so thoughtfully pointed out, he still managed to get you to go through all the trouble of putting that post together...a smidge off topic I might add. The Andre Woolfolk discussion should be closed for the time being until there are new games to be played.

I realize that is like asking Ricky Lake to lay off the bon-bons but Woolfolk this and Woolfolk that is getting to be really lame. I'm not going to sit here and drill it like I did last week to some pathetically tired end but I'm here. Just like I said I would be. I'm sick of watching the poison pill be dropped.

3. Agreed..... What I would really love to see is Brian, Soxcat, RollTide, and TexMexTitan (something like that) all agree and I will gladly stick to other topics.... It doesn't take me too long though.... Google is wonderful... you think.

4. Hey that smiley normally claps, is clapping here, but not in the original post.

:bonk2:

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Where do you think I get all these pretty pictures?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. I agree with you Woolfolk's uncle!!!

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

maybe this has something to do with it. ...... ?

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Are you TexMexTitan? Funny, you don't really say a whole lot. Have you been fragging Woolfolk too? I've never seen you say anything like that and I spend WAY too much time reading this damn message board.

Arguing about Woolfolk is like arguing about the a Super Bowl that has yet to been played. You can't prove the future. Woolfolk has a future with this team. It is only a question of how long it is.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

shorter than it has been

10. A Puck, begging for inclusion on the list of those that can't leave it alone. I guess that is like a puck begging to not be the item whacked in a hockey slapshot.

The item that enters the net to the sound:yell2: SCORE

Wow, What job securityLike BiPolar was saying, can you leave it alone until the season or are Pucks just too small of items to hear, oh, I am sorry, Pucks don't have ears, or in the case of this board....eyes. Or am I wrong. Now this proposal for a new avatar suggests that one thing pucks have is Job security and not just for being whacked by a hockey stick:

Pucks logo.jpg

Whhhooooo hoooooo! Job Security

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar