Titans wary of Texans blocking

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Texans offensive line has a well-deserved reputation for cut-blocking, so Titans defensive linemen will have to be aware of opponents hitting them around the knees on a regular basis in Sunday’s game at Reliant Stadium.

“You can’t let that get in your head,” Titans defensive end Derrick Morgan said. “You can’t let that take away from your aggression. I feel like it should be banned, but it’s still part of the game. So you can’t let it slow you down.”

Said coach Mike Munchak: “The big thing is just for (the defensive linemen) to stay up. They have to use their hands well. It’s a technique game, no doubt about that.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Try to run it up the middle against Casey Houston. I dare you. I DARE YOU. DO IT.

Hopefully our more athletic rushers are prepared to jump those dirt eating O-linemen. The pressure will get in quickly, so if we actually press this week, they'll stop doing that in a hurry.

3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

they better not cut block..... haynesworth knows all about that, call him back to the team for one game and the cows can find out the hard way to not cut block!

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If I was getting cut blocked Id just knee the shlt out the linemans rib area. He wont come back the 2nd time so anxious to cut block

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

or pull a haynesworth and step on his face with a cleat although I didn't like what he did, cut blocks can end careers so I can definetly understand where he came from on that

6. JCBRAVE

cut blocks are exciting, we're allowed to use them too you know. I imagine Andy Levitre will utilize that move more than anyone we have. I hope he gets out in space an tosses Brian Cushing 6 yards back with a cut block

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

The ultimate F U would be to cut block the **** outta them.

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

true, I guess what I meant to say was "chop block" which is illegal. almost same type of play but can really end a career. im all for cut blocks then!

9. JCBRAVE

Cut blocks are good when you cant over power a guy or just want to totally take him and yourself out of the play. But sometimes you can whiff on a guy if you blow your cut block, so its good and bad.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

They still dangerous af tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar