Titans want Troupe to reconnect

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ONUV, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

1. Execute route correctly.
    2. Ball in air to correct location.
    3. Hands to ball- pull in cleanly.
    4. Avoid tackles.

Troupe has shown flashes of doing #4 well. He has been weak on #1 and #3. I saw at least 4 passes he dropped last year that hit him in the body. The OC, the QB, the "scheme" had nothing to do with that. So although #2 is a legitimate part of the formula, it in no way was a major factor in Troupe's lack of production last year before the injury. He got enough throws to impress the coaches (?Vince) for more- he didn't take advantage of them. That's why Scaife got more looks even before the injury.

Stop the excuses and optimism. It is time for Troupe to produce. It is that simple.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Let's face it, the guy is a prawn short of a barbie.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Troupe is an above average blocker already they made him bulk up and prcatice blocking a lot once he came into the league and is now very much improved.

His production last year can be blamed on a lot of things...........I think he will have a pretty good season maybe just under his 05' season then better that next year as him and VY gain some chemistry and VY continually imroves from season to season.

Him and Scaife will make quite a combo this year.......IMO.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

PA, I don't care if they say he's 280. He never even looked 270. He never blocked like he was even 260. Even if the guy is somehow as big as they say he is w/o looking like it, I've gone back and watched tape of him last year, and he may be avg.

Riverman, what are you going by to say his route running is bad?

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Fisher made a few comments his rookie and 2nd year that he was "out of place" and that he needed work "knowing where to be". I also remember Steve being frustrated with him after a game when he turned the wrong way. It may just be his headwork rather than footwork.

I really do hope he breaks out but a 4th year deserves NO SLACK and NO MORE EXCUSES from people who "hope" he develops. Put up or get out.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I thought maybe that's where you got the idea. I'm not convinced that's enough to go by to say he's consistently a weak route runner.

7. Nine

Nine Starter

I've never interpreted it as poor route running...it sounds to me as if Troupe isn't sure which route to run.

I'm guessing he has problems reading coverages and adjusting his routes according to how the secondary lines up.

IMO, make things as easy as possible for him....dumb it down, if need be. Give Troupe a designated route on each play, regardless of the coverage; Vince's pre-snap read will then determine whether or not Troupe will be a primary target on the play, or if he needs to go elsewhere with the ball.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Who?

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Combine that with a rookie QB who is also learning the reads and you have some issues. Hopefully, both have improved in this area.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Troupe....who is that ?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar