Titans Want to Use Cap Room on Own Players

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

When KVB starts showing his age, then I'll worry about resigning him. He's still at the top of his game, and as long as he is, I want him here. Is he under contract through 09?

I'd say either Al or Stewart next. I'd like to see Finny get his at some point, but I don't think he has to be as soon.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I would live to see them sign Stewart and I think he's an excellent player, but he is a RT and I can't see them overpaying much for him.

At the end of the day I think they'll get it done, but he did have a slightly down year last season in my view and I wouldn't break the bank for him.

3. mellowyellow

mellowyellow Camp Fodder

I hope they stick to their word

4. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Because all those guys you have listed have turned out to be studs. Calico was terrible, kearse was worse as an eagle, mason was good but not as good as when he was with the titans and bennett was a disaster last year. Seems to me we've actually made the right moves not over-paying those guys.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Didn't he have a fairly serious ankle sprain he played through? I remember seeing him look obviously slower at some point. Of course he's not the best pass blocking RT anyway, but he's solid enough and is really good in the run game.

He's a guy I like because he adds a little something extra with his aggression and play to the whistle attitude. I do think that RT isn't as valued a position as many others. Some lineman are making silly money though, and I wouldn't be surprised if he got a ridiculous offer if he hit the market.

They did just spend about 5 mil a year on Scott. Roos is about 7 mil. Not sure Mawae, but after he's gone, and if any combo of Amano/Loper/Harris fill some spots, we may have 2 fairly cheap interior guys. So can they try and spend 5 mil or so on Stewart?

I wonder if they look at it as being willing to spend so much for a certain position (I'm grouping the whole o-line together), or just spending whatever it takes to keep your best players regardless of their position?

6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I'm counting on Albert. I don't care who we sign as long as Haynesworth comes al0ng.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I wonder how much free cap space Titans will have going into 2008 season?

Seems like we could've signed a couple more free agents to 1-2 year deals and still have enough cap space to re-sign all our "core" players.

Maybe something shocking will happen between now and the trade deadline during the regular season.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

doubt it.....

9. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

Al will be signed long term by the deadline...then stewart...then bironas. It will happen, just not all at once

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I love the optimism, but I think this Big Al thing is going to suck really bad....I doubt he's a Titan next year, honestly. It KILLS me to say that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar