Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans want new $3.5 million scoreboards

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $111
    http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060413/SPORTS01/60413005

IF They're anything like the one's in Baltimore, I'm all for it

still don't understand why they cut the scoreboards out when they built the stadium originally. as i recall ,in order to get into line with project costs, the original scoreboards were scaled back to the ones we currently have

I think these new ones are supposed to be 16x9 formatted widescreen SuperLED .... which would be nice
  2. Brian Big Fan

Moolah:
    $0
    I can't understand why the stadium doesn't have upper level endzone seats.

They offer great sight-lines.
  3. maximus Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Me either, it could increase seating capacity to 75000+. The way the stadium has looked the end of last year, I dont know if seating for 75000 is worth it, if no one shows up when the team loses
  4. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $111
    the endzones are the Achilles Heel of the entire complex
    the open-endedness of the end zones were supposed to be an attractive part of the venue, allowing for views of the bridges and future development to the north
    but who gives a snot about that ?
    there was talk of the ability to add temporary seating into the endzones for playoffs / championships and Super Bowls - but I have yet to see that take place

they really should install the new scoreboards and then place seating around it

because when we get Vince , there's going to be quite a demand for tickets :wink2:
  5. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    I really hope we get the scoreboards, would they be ready for this season? It says they would, I don't know how long something like that takes if they're starting the process now. If they're like baltimore, they'd be amazing, and I think we're due for an upgrade, especially with the problems that a bunch of people have mentioned before.

As for more seating, I think we should wait another year or two to build up again, our demand for seats isn't exactly growing at the moment. But once we're more stable and ready for a run, it would be great to add a few thousand more seats up by the boards.
  6. Raydawg Titans Rock !!!!

Moolah:
    $0
    New scoreboards would be NICE !!!

I don't believe we need to add any seats to the place. The supply/demand for tickets right now is ideal (and since the team has been here).

You want a stadium that will sellout each and every week. You don't want a large stadium that is difficult to sell all tickets. When you get into that then there is the chance for blackouts in your own area and that is not a good thing. Having 70+ sellouts in a row and everyone else in the area watching on TV is just what the doctor ordered.

They have built a fan base in the area and a loyal following.

By the way........has anyone else noticed the Kenny Chesney ads in The Tennessean? The location of the concert is Titans Coliseum, not The Coliseum.

Did something change and I missed it?
  7. Chaser 55 The Jersey Guy

Moolah:
    $0
    new scoreboards would be sick
  8. rcarie Tac Head

Moolah:
    $0
    Now if we can just up date the music at the Stadium....
  9. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,026
    for real, how about some electronica/techno

and lets please drop the Remember the Titans bits
  10. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,229
    As a PSL owner, I hope they never add more seats. That would only diminish the value of existing PSL's.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.