Titans waive Wilson; DeVan signing likely

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans waived safety Tracy Wilson on Tuesday in anticipation of adding a player to the roster on Wednesday.

That player is expected to be guard Kyle DeVan, assuming he passes a physical with the Titans today.

Wilson had just been activated from the practice squad last week, in order to give the Titans more special-teams depth. But Tommie Campbell’s expected return this week should boost the special teams.

Wilson could return to the Titans practice squad if he clears waivers.

DeVan’s addition, if it occurs, would give the team more depth at guard following the knee injury to Leroy Harris last Sunday. Titans coach Mike Munchak said Monday he didn’t think Harris’ injury was season-ending, but couldn’t be certain.

DeVan was with the Titans in training camp, but was released during final cuts. The 6-2, 306-pound DeVan has played in 36 NFL games for Indianapolis and Philadelphia over the past three years, starting 25 of those contests.

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Oh, DeVan. I was thinking DeVon (Dudley). I was going to say, the only thing he is good at is getting a table for Bubba. And, from time to time, setting said table ablaze.

I wonder what the fine is for a 3D through a flaming table?

3. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I actually feel better reading that. He already has more experience than Velasco or Harris....

4. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I think if he was any good he would have been on the team all season. When this team says they need depth, it translates to we need a body, any body to fill in .

5. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Again I ask, why did we sign Lutui?

6. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I was being sarcastic...

every player on this team that plays one of the 3 spots on the interior of our offensive line needs to be canned this off season. Harris, Valesco, Amano and Hutchenson and I am sure that there are a couple back ups whose names I don't know and honestly don't care to know. Hutchenson - that guy should have retired anyway, probably wishes had with the way this season is going.

7. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

I honestly thought Mathews did a good job coming in for Harris in the Colts game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar