Titans vs Steelers on Thursday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by magoo, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magoo

magoo Camp Fodder

2. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

We aren't gonna lose.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. magoo

magoo Camp Fodder

You could be right. I'd say it will be a good barometer for either team. If the Titans beat the Steelers on the road that will cause some people to sit up and take notice.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Don't bet on it. They'll just make excuses for why the Steelers lost. Why bother expecting respect? Not gonna come til we win a Super Bowl..and even then..it's a stretch..

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

I know will get haters and people questioning me being a loyal fan, but I don't expect to win this game. It will be tough, tough team on the road . . . I hope we win and it would be a huge statement, but I am not counting on it. Ok, let me hear it . . .

6. redsteel

redsteel Camp Fodder

yes, you are the smartest person(besides me) to respond with a clear head. to think how hard it will be to go into Pittsburgh on opening night and pull off an upset, will be next to impossible. do you not think the Steelers remember the beating you gave them, you were the better team that day, and that meant that you had to play the ravens first, and we got them later, and we won! personally i think there was some thought into the playoff seedings and by losing we got the 2nd seed, not saying we through the game intentionally just so we don't play the rats again, so early after we just beat them.

the Steelers will be ready for a war on thursday night and the fans will be ready for fatass lendale, we also never forget! i personally won't be there, but the fans from the 'burgh won't forget his big mouth and TT stomping, he'll get an earfull and i hope he has to eat his words.

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I wiped my butt with a terrible towel 15 minutes before the pittsburgh game and we still won...

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think most of these posts have to do with having a loser mentality to be perfectly honest. First we have a loser attitude about not getting the proper respect, then we have a loser, "we are going to get beat...they are tough...add queer sounding voice) attitude.

Are the Steelers a tough team....yes
    Are we playing at Pitt....yes
    But we were BY FAR the superior team when we played last year and there is NO REASON to have a pitiful loser attitude about this game, this team or this season. If we are going to have what it takes to go to the Sb this year we will play them as tough as they will get played all season and even if we lose they will KNOW we came to play. IMO any fan, coach or player that has anything negative running through the creases of their mind need to rebuke the doubt and get with the program.

Anyone who thinks/says or agrees with "I don't expect to win" mentlity is taking a loser attitude and needs to find another team. That kind of attitude is reserved for teams like the Texans.

My goodness. Even when I was a Bear fan and they were playing the Packers I never "expected" the Bears to lose even if it made sense. That kind of attitude simply wasn't allowed and shouldn't be allowed here. To do so admits defeat before the game even starts.....

As for those whiny "we don't get enough respect" group GET OVER IT. When this team kicks butt and takes names and wins a SB we will get respect. Until then we haven't earned it.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Ive said why i think the Steelers will win in the other thread, but I also think we will help beat our self. I think it's going to be overwhelming for the Rookies, the vets emotions will be very high and i think the penalties will ruin many drives we do manage to put together.

But Once again the keys to us winning are.

No more than 2 Turnovers
    Few Penalties/Keep emotions down
    Dont let Big Ben Leave the Pocket
    Defend the Short pass
    We must convert on 3rd Downs

We do that and we could win. but it's a long shot imo just cause of the rivalry and it being Opening Night On the Road.

10. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Yeah, there is the response I knew I would get. I guess I have a loser mentality, but I think it is just realistic. I may have a loser mentality, but what the hell does that matter as far as the team goes. I am a fan, not a player. I want to win this game and will watch and cheer for my team. But in my head, I think there is a very good possibility that we don't win this game for the reasons I mentioned. We can win, certainly, but when it comes to predicting what I think is most likely, I am going with the Steelers, lets say 60% chance of winning. Should be a great game and I can't wait to watch it!

Come on Sox Cat . . . you know I am a fan . . . I have been on this site for 6 years man . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar