Titans Voted #1 In Worst Supporting Cast For Vy On Nfl Live

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TITANFANATIC911, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

NFL Live is in the middle of an offseason too.

2. Delaware Titan

Delaware Titan Camp Fodder

If I'm not mistaken nobody gave us a shot to be any good last year either. And they were wrong.

Its the same thing again this season. Do we have the weapons at receiver like the Pats or Colts, NO. Do we have a 2 headed monster in the backfield like the Saints, NO. Neither do half the other teams in the league. But we do have something that none of them have and thats the leadership and intagables of #10.

We got rid of some dead weight in Bennett and we were smart in not over paying for Bobby Wade a number 3 guy at best. I think we all knew this was going to be a 2-3 year project to get us back to the top of the league, and I think we are still going in the right direction. We werent going to be able to fix everything in 1 year.

3. I think the most important thing the titans need to do this year is come out of the gates strong.We need to win our first game and build on that.The past three years we've lost our home openers and have been inconsistint after that.We need to put a couple of wins together right off the bat and get that winning taste back in our mouths.We all learned from last year how crucial one or two games are from making the playoffs.With basically the same team coming back i think they all realize that this year and will make it happen,i hope :))

4. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

I totally agree titanfanatic we need to win in the beginning. If we get that taste of a win in the start I think we will likely to be a great football team this yr. Now that we have CB the RB situation doesn't bother me as it did earlier this offseason. I'm still not a huge fan of CB, but he is still a vet and a solid RB as long as he stays healthy. I am worried however about our WR's. I just hope our rookies can come in and show something because I do not have high hopes for Roby and Roydell at all simply because they havent proved anything. All in all I think we'll be fine especially with VY and another year with our O-Line to come together.

5. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

I forgot to mention that if CB starts we do have some very solid back ups in LW and CH and that is a huge plus because LW can be a very good back up RB and CH has the speed to be a great backup just as long as he can improve his running skills. With these type of backups I think it will take a lot of pressure off of CB and he won't be as injury prone.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I was a little worried about Roydell this year, too - but someone reminded my that he's been playing with some injuries which should be cleared up now. I've also heard at least 2 people mention that he seems to be standing out in mini camps so far... perhaps even more then Jones. Of course mini camp observations mean very little, but at least it gives some hope of a decent WR pair. If that's true, I don't see how Jones and Roydell won't exceed Bennett & Wade... I'm also of the opinion that Jerry Rice would have struggled last year with all the Titan's QB chaos and a rookie learning the ropes. If VY raises his game in year 2 the way it seems he will (and did at Texas) then we should have a decent offense. Unlikely we're in the top 10, but also as unlikely we're in the bottom 10.

7. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Hmmm. if it was any other team besides my favorite team I would be sayin the same thing. Of course i'm filled with optimism as always, but look at it from an outsiders perspective:

Lendale Sucked last year when we did let him carry the ball. Chris Henry didn't show much in college. Chris Brown sucked the last time he was a starter. Brandon Jones will never be anything more than an okay #2 receiver. I don't even know who's next on the depth chart at receiver.....rookies? I'm not gonna get excited by that again....I remember the last time we drafted 3 receivers.

Of course as a Titan Fan i'm expecting all of those guys to have the best season of their lives, but anybody else wouldn't.

8. I have alot of expectations for BJ this year.Alot of people are saying he isn't more then a #2 at best but i think he is going to take his game to another level just like VY.I think we really couldn't see BJ potentional because of all the success around him.I know some of you are thinking well the guy only had 384 in yds but he played a critical role down the stretch.All the key plays that helped us win in the Giants and Buffalo game for example were all set up cause of him.The key will not only be the running game but someone else has to step up to help him whether it be Scaife,Troupe,Roby, or one of the rookies.If not this is going to be 2005 all over again where it was Bennet taking all the reps and being shut down every game.I hope these young guys realize that they need to step up in order for us to have a successful year.

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Not really - he wasn't amazing but he showed some good flashes and he was efficient in short yardage.

True. That's a wait and see.

Not at all - he was just too injury prone, and not good on 3rd & short. That's where Lendale and Henry come in. Far from sucked, though.

I won't hash into this again - but it's been well documented that it is extremely rare for a WR to do much in his 1st 2 years. All 3 of our last WR draft class were named by NFL.com as sleeper players to seriously consider for fantasy football this year, because year 3 is statistically the normal breakout year for a WR. Chances are bad that they all will emerge, but chances are pretty good that at least 1 will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar