Titans/ Vince Young

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by jdee, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, it's more than 15 years since Steve Young "came out". Besides Steve Young was a pretty damn good passer as well, most seasons he eclipsed the 3000 or 4000 yard marker. His TD/INT ratio was good too. His career rating is 92.8, Vick for instance hasn't even had a single season rating come close to that.

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

So your thought is that Young isn't a good passer? Based on what?

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

If that was directed at me, I never said a such thing. I just wanted to correct a misunderstanding that Steve Young was a "running quarterback" like Vick, when in fact he was a "passing quarterback" who could run. His primary weapon was the pass, whereas Vick's primary weapon is the run.

Nobody knows how good Vince Young will be at running or passing in the NFL.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I think right now it is safe to say that Young is a Passing QB that can run....run really, really well.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Safe to say? I would say Young has proven he is better than Vick coming out of college. I wouldn't say Young is considered a "passing" QB like a guy like Leinart is.

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I will say Young was the top rated Passer in college football last year. That has to account for something.

7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Anyone can look good if all you do it watch the highlights.

I'm not saying Vince isnt good, but to think that watching a highlight video is going to make someone see the light is silly.

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

It doesn't matter if we see the light, only the coaches.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Yep, if we watched a highlite video of Charlie Ward the year he won the Heisman and led FS to a national championship one could say he was a can't miss NFL QB.

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I am sure our staff has seen more than just highlight reels. The good thing is that with the top 3 QBs, no one knows them more than the Titans. Cutler is in their backyard, Chow knows Leinhart and Young has been hanging around McNair and the Titans since High School. I have know doubt they will have no doubt when they pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar