Titans uni fan concepts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ryudo, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am too busy being distracted by the obnoxious pink gloves and shoes.

This may seem taboo, but you are not turning anybody on to breast cancer. This "go pink" for breast cancer is a sorry excuse to pull in some extra revenue if I have ever seen it. Have a place for people to donate during commercials and all that but this is just something that rubs me the wrong way and I know I am going to catch some flack for it.

*steps off soap box

I would really like to see our helmets look like the one on page two but with less red. I also want us to go back to the all dark blue jerseys and to utilize the sword logo more because it just flat out looks better. We could potentially have one of the best uniforms in the league if tweaked just a tad.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I care about clothing, it's what I make a living doing. I just don't care much about what my team is wearing.

3. JCBRAVE

You may be right to some extent, but it's for a good cause. I'm a sucker for cancer, lost lots of family members to it, so I have no issue with them wearing pink in October to help raise money.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Any chance we can get some decent looking hats now....? NCAA has New Era caps so could the NFL as well once Nike takes over?

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Dude you visit the same site I do (CC's) and you have nothing but your opinion that isn't logical. Get off your "i have insiders" nonsense. You've read the same articles I have.

You thinking all that will change is the logo is hilarious.

If nothing else- they have their own uniform templates. You think they're going to use Reebok's?

No.

And if you really think Nike didn't take this deal thinking they were going to go redesign crazy you need to give up your "hobby" because you know nothing about it.
    If you think the NFL wont do whatever Nike asks them to... same as above.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

None of those companies are HALF the power that is Nike. None are near as creative either.

All Nike will do is tell teams "You know how many of these we can sell?"... and that's all they need.

7. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Me to

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Nope. I know and talk to connected people. The relationships were formed on that site, but I'm not just some lurker there. Been involved with that community for almost a decade. I don't have any industry connections myself, but I know the guys who do.

I specifically addressed this point and I guess you didn't bother to read it.

9. JCBRAVE

You've got it backwards DW
    [​IMG]

Nike doesn't sell the merchandise, the NFL does. Nike simply manufactures it, and distributes it. You think anyone would buy CFL stuff just cause Nike made it? No.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Here's something interesting. Darren Rovell, one of the most well-connected reporters in the world of sports business, tweeted this just a few minutes ago:

Hearing Nike won't make wholesale changes of NFL uniforms in 1st year of its deal next year. More about material, will make some team tweaks

Link

Hmm... I wonder if there's anyone on this message board who has been saying this all along?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar