Titans turning to Simms?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dman050586, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I think the verdict is still out on Simms. He seems to want to fight for the job, or at least is very involved on the sideline QB front which I certainly have no complaints about.

2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

No you're not. Unless we win the SB with Collins in '09, I hope he's our starter in 2010.

3. dman050586

dman050586 Starter

Also for the record, I'm the only one that still wants Vince Young to become something and be our started. :wink2:

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

we. must. draft. a QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

You're not. I want to see him succeed as much as any.
    When he's on his game, he's more fun to watch than basically any other QB in the league. He's raising his arm to pass one second, then the next second he's bolting downfield.
    Plus, unlike some VY haters who by their posts, seem to have no common sense whatsoever.
    I've said this before (and I think I'm the only one that realizes this), but pertaining to paragraph number 3 in my post above, I'm going to go by what Dinger says. Considering he's one of the best OCs in the league, I'm going to listen and beleive when he makes statements like that.

VY haters: What part about Dinger's statement about working with Vince for two more years seems to elude your perception anyway?
    The way I see it is that if you keep making ridiculous speculations like that about him, it tells me that you aren't listening to Dinger's statements. And if you're not listening to him, that tells me you aren't very bright to begin with.

But I'm also taking a realistic view on Vince's possible future here with the Titans.
    If he doesn't get his act together, he may be gone after this season. I'll be disappointed, but I'll also know that it was no one's fault but his own that he didn't succeed in the NFL.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Link to this story, by the way?

I think Simms is a fantastic deal as a #3 QB. I'd be pretty satisfied with him as a #2. I don't know what to think about him as a #1. He clearly wants it and is working hard, but that's not necessarily enough in and of itself.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I firmly believe this has been Fisher's plan since Vince told him (allegedly) he didn't want to go back into the Jaguars game.

Vince- come and get it if you are good enough. If not, then step aside.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i want to put Jay Cutlers throwing arm on Collins, and put Vince Youngs legs on Collins. That would be a awesome QB.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

If Collins signs, Simms will be gone.

He doesn't mind being #2 but he wants to be given a chance to start.

If Collins signs, Simms will be a Chicago Bear.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

michael vick?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar