Titans turning to Simms?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dman050586, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dman050586

dman050586 Starter

I read on the ESPN website that since Collins is asking for to much money that the Titans are just going to go with Young and Simms. Now im not a Vince Young hater so please dont bash me :lol: but i think what the titans needs is a qb that can manage and not take sacks or turn the ball over. which we all know Young loves to do sometimes. Maybe simms could be it? maybe not? my guess is that if young starts as the started but loses his job in training camp to Simms. Collins is going to retire cuz pretty much cuz his ego is all the way and wont sit on the bench.

2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

For the love of God I hope the Titans can bring in someone other than Chris freakin' Simms. I'm not saying it's going to be Vince's job, or even that it should be...but Simms sure as hell isn't the answer.

I've seen him play too many college games (and some pro)...he's a choker and a poor leader.

3. dman050586

dman050586 Starter

Yea I understand what you are saying. A lot of people on this board are in love with the guy for some odd reason, But who do you think we could get? I'm agaisnt drafting a QB if vince young was down imagine if that happened. He would for sure commit suicide!

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

1. I just don't see Collins wanting too much money. I know he won't accept a backup spot, but I doubt he's going to ask for that much money. He's really not in a position to. I don't know of any other teams that would want him, at least for long term.

2. Vince will be given a chance to prove himself both in the off season, during TC and during the PS. I will be quite surprised if anything happens to him before then.
    While Fish has implied that the position is KFC's to lose, he could very well still lose it.

3. Dinger has already stated last year before the season started; to paraphrase him: Ideally I'd like two more seasons to work with Vince to better assess his ability/potential.
    He's already had one season. If he was telling the truth, this upcoming season will the be second. That tells me that Vince will indeed still be here this upcoming season, albeit possibly as still a backup.
    To anyone who thinks Vince is going anywhere this season, just stop right there. Vince isn't going anywhere. He may not be the starter come game 1 of the '09 season, but he willl still be a Titan.

Crazy speculation alert: It's possible that they put VY as #2 so Dinger could work with him in the fashion that he stated before last season. Who knows, maybe Dinger wanted Vince to be the backup so he could have more time to work with him. Since they could afford to have KFC as the starter, that could have freed up Vince a little more so he could indeed work with Dinger.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Collins will sign - Simms will be #3

6. dman050586

dman050586 Starter

The thing that I did hate was that during games Vince was never talking to the coaches or looking at pictures of the defense. It was always Simms doing that. During timeout when collins came no young in sight. It was Simms! so as a coach i got to give it to the guy who knows how to read the opposing teams defense. not a guy who struggles how to read (vince young) ouucchh I know i know.. low blow

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

This was mentioned on the local news last night that Simms could be the starting QB next yr if Collins didn't sign. The Titans have contacted Simms about resigning with the Titans

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Yeah, I saw that too. But it made me wonder why the FO still has Vince if he's no longer of any use to them. Granted they will incur some expenses if they cut him now, but it would wind up costing them more if they keep him through his contract.
    Regardless of his conduct last year, I think that if the Titans were planning on exploring other avenues, they would have done something with Vince by now. I could be wrong though. I've seen stranger **** happen.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Teams are in cut mode right now. Not much signing activity going on in the league this minute so the press is out pushing buttons..
    Drew Rosenhaus is also stirring up his stew of disgruntled - yet signed players..

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

For the record, I'm the only person here who likes Simms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar