Titans trying to bring back Jason Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

No, but i've seen crazier things happen in the draft.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

There have been some nice guys on the board in the past few years at #20 and even later so I think that if we play our cards right we should get us an impact player who can come in help right away. As long as they're legit, I'm not opposed to us taking BPA even if it's not an area of need. As long as it's not QB, K, P or OT then I'd be cool with it.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Besides the moronic Oakland Raiders, who in the hell would take a kicker in the first round?

If we did that I'm driving down to Nashville to kick somebody in the nuts.

4. xpmar9x

Please pick me up on the way. Thanks.

5. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Via Rotoworld. Not too familiar with what a swing lineman does. You guys think he would be productive with that?

Coach Mike Munchak said Wednesday that the Titans hope to re-sign free agent DL Jason Jones as a swing lineman for 2012.
    Jones referred to his 2011 position switch from tackle to left end as a "sacrifice for the team," so the swing role may not be especially appealing when he begins weighing offers from teams that want to use him inside. Jones, 26, had 26 QB hurries as a defensive tackle in 2010. He only had seven in 2011.

Source: Nashville Tennessean

6. xpmar9x

Swing lineman is an end that focuses on stuffing the edge... basically a run-stopping focused DE. Atleast thats what my high school coach called it... lol

7. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

that pick doesn't look so stupid now....Looking at the first round of the 2000 draft it actually looks like a very good draft choice.

They also got Shane Lechler in the draft as well.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Aside from the fact they probably could have gotten him in the 6th round instead of Mondriel Fulcher

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Kicker and 1st round don't belong together in a sentence. That's just awful.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

just stop. stupid pick, don't try to justify it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar