Titans Training Camp Won't Return to Clarksville

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans won't be returning part of training camp to Clarksville as they did last season. "Our experience at Austin Peay was a positive one and their staff went above and beyond to make our stay a success," Titans chief operating officer Steve Underwood said in a statement. "Going away to training camp is something we consider on a yearly basis, and this year (Titans owner Bud Adams) decided to remain at Baptist Sports Park for the entirety of training camp. This decision should not reflect on Austin Peay's ability to host our team."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Nice... now I won't have to drive to Clarksville.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This is a pretty sudden pullback. Fisher was promoting clarksville a few weeks ago. I'm glad they won't be far away, but puzzled by how quickly this came out.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Pacman is hiding out there...

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

My only question is... will BSP have memorablilia this year? Austin Peay had a solid selection of Titans merchandise last year, but BSP didn't have any, which kind of pissed me off.

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I wish I lived in Tennessee sometimes.

Gettin to watch them practice and just being around people who dont throw crap at you just cuz you root for the other team.

grrrrrrrr

7. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

This kind of pisses me off in a way. It really doesn't get to me that bad, but I think that the training camp at APU was a good thing for our team. They had strict rules to follow, it wasn't at their homes with other distractions, and for a limited time they had to live in quarters that none of them are anywhere used to so it made our team disciplined somewhat. I'm not saying just because of what we did last yr. means that's why we went 8-8, but I do think it is part of a reason because it made our team work extroidinarily hard and to never give up and what did our Titans do this season "never gave up!" (that and VY...lol)

8. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I'm glad for selfish reasons only. I hated the drive to Clarksville.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Ditto, titanuim. I might actually make it to some practices this year, I just didn't have the time to make the drive last year.

10. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

If you have NFL Network, it will broadcast training camps this year. I haven't heard the details, but the Titans training camp is to start on July 27th or 28th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar