Titans trade up to #1?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanbuoy, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I've a friend who's rather knowledgeable when it comes to the NFL; a person whose opinion I generally respect. He's convinced that the Titans will at least attempt to trade up to get Reggie Bush with the number one pick (which he is convinced Houston must deal). No matter how much I've tried to dissuade him of what I think is a ludicrous idea, he holds fast to it. I've told him that while I don't think RB is a huge priority I think the Titans' would probably take Bush if he was available at three (and Young and Leinart were gone).

Am I wrong on this? Would the Titans pay a premium to move up to draft Reggie at one? Would the Titans' draft Bush at three if Young or Leinart are still available?

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I honestly down see it myself. They know they need all the picks they can, and considering Young enters, we'll have a number of great options at QB, RB, and OT to look at @ 3.

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I think the team most likely to try to trade up is Detroit. Millen must try to save his job. I believe they pick 5th or so and the Harrington experiment is done in motor city. The question is who of the top two would trade with them. The Texans need a lot of parts to compete. Trading down might get them another 1st (next seasons) plus detroits this year. NO need a qb so I don't see them biting on the trade bait. Would the Titans trade down, maybe if they got enough for the pick. Just thinking out loud.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I don't see the Titans trading up to get the #1 pick. I can see them trading down if Bush and Lienart are gone.

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

That's how I feel, why on earth would the Titans pay a substantial amount to move up two spots when they now there will be a great player waiting there for them at three?

Incidentally KZ, I still haven't got my copy of Samurai Assassin yet, I was hoping to have it to watch tomorrow morning (my one morning that is guaranteed uninterrupted by girlfriend, family or employees). Our conversation did motivate me to re-watch "Sword of Doom", my opinion of it improved upon second viewing, not that I didn't like it the first time I watched it, but I was really blown away by it upon second viewing. Pretty dense storyline and as you stated incredible sword play by both Mifune and especially Nakadai.

I prefer "Giant Steps" to "A Love Supreme". Actually my favourite recordings of Coltrane are when he was with Miles. The juxtaposition of their two styles, just makes Coltrane's playing seem all the more passionate.

Edit: WOO HOO 200 posts! (it only took me two years).

6. RJ

RJ Guest

I still see us trading down to around 10-12 to get Cutler if he is as good as everyone says. Then we pick up a two or a three and add the players we need. I am not convinced on Young's ability to play under center. I wouldn't mind taking th OT at three if we stay but i don't see us staying because of the high demand on that number 3 pick. The Jets, Detroit, etc are in need of the player at #3. Just a thought. I am curious to watch Cutler play. Good thing Fisher is a coach for the all star game.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It took me like 3 weeks to get mine from Amazon Marketplace (got it for like 15 instead of 30). It'll be worth the wait.

8. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Why trade up when he might fall to you at #3?

9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

It's not like they'd be trading up from #15. Houston would still have the #3 (Da'Brick will be there) plus maybe a 3rd or 4th. It could happen if they know McNair will be around for a few years.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah, I don't see a need to do anything

someone of extraordinary talent will be there @ #3

1 RB
    2 QB's
    1 LB
    1 OL

I actually think the worst case scenario is that Leinart is there @ 3

Look at all the talk coming out of Houston know ..... Young is a Houston native and the talk around Houston is buzzing about Young (which I can only assume it is also in NEw Orleans as it is here)

imo, Houston would make a mistake by not picking Ferguson even at #1
    they may look to trade out to get more picks ,but they may not get him if they travel to far. They need a QB worse than they need a RB, but ultimatley they really don't need to replace Carr or Davis

JUst imagine if Houston bites on Ferguson and N.O. takes Lienart, then we'd be facing Bush or Young - tough tough decision to make

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar