Titans Trade 1st & 4th Rd. Picks to 49ers for picks 31, 34, & 74

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Just Win Baby, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

I needed a catchy title for this draft possibility, but seriously, the 49ers have stockpiled picks. Most thought they would use them to trade for Revis but that theory has been refuted for now. We all know they need CB and DL help. Even though I REALLY like Warmack, the value isn't there at #10. If we traded back they would basically have their choice of CB (less Milliner) and there will be some DL that unexpectedly fall to #10.

Think about it, with this trade we would have a late 1st, 2 early 2nds, a 3 3rd rounders (assuming Comp projections). Here is my 2013 draft prediction, including projected Comp picks:
    • Rd 1 - Pick #31 - DT - Jonathon Jenkins or Jessie Williams - I like both as run stuffing DTs, which will command double teams and keep our LBs clean. Jonathon is the more athletic of the 2 but I like Jessie's motor much better
    • Rd 2 - #34 - RG - Larry Warford - Starter for next 10 years
    • Rd 2 - #40 - DE - Tank Carradine - Need DE depth and Carradine would not be forced to be a Day 1 starter. He was better than Werner before he got hurt.
    • Rd 3 - #70 - G/C/T - Barrett Jones - The forgotten man. Many have him falling to the early 3rd now, and if he's there no way the Titans will pass because of his position versatility.
    • Rd 3 - #74 - S - Tony Jefferson - This dude is a player and will push both safety positions, hopefully replacing Griffin sometime midseason :)
    • Rd 3 Comp - C - Brian Schwenke - I really think the Titans are targeting this kid. He dominated at the Senior Bowl and I'm not getting the feeling they want Velasco to come back as the starter, only as a back-up.
    • Rd 4 (Traded to 49ers)
    • Rd 5 - RB - Marcus Lattimore - If he lasts this long the value will be in 2014. Let him rehab like crazy and hopefully he comes back strong. In the meantime, the Titans can add a veteran RB to spell CJ.
    • Rd 5 Comp - WR/KR/PR - Ace Sanders - Reynaud is nothing special. This guy is a great retuner and dangerous with the ball in his hands. Drafted primarily for STs but hopefully could develop into a nice slot WR
    • Rd 7 - K - Caleb Sturgis - Yes I said it. I am a fan of Bironas, but he is getting older and the Titans will have to overpay to keep him. Was last year the sign of things to come (decline) with him, or just an off year?
    • Rd 7 Comp - CB - Developmental/ST guy
    Obviously this list leaves out some positions we need to address via FA. I assume the people we think we are going to get cut are released. This also assumes we dont overpay to get a top FA Guard. I would like to add the following via FA:
    • Michael Bennett - DE - Tampa Bay - Good all round DE
    • Jerome Felton - FB - Vikings - Thumper
    • Keenan Lewis - CB - Pittsburgh - Will start
    • Brad Jones - ILB - GB - Back-up to McCarthy but will start several games obviously

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. XO

XO Nevada Native

High five for excellent post.

Not saying I agree but well done.

3. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I got excited for a minute and then realized this is a hypothetical... thanks for getting my hopes up! Doubt it happens, but i would be excited if it did.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Congrats on coming up with a scenario that's actually realistic. Not enough of that around here.

If the 49ers were to trade up, I would think they would be targeting Miliner and might want to go even higher than #10 (and they certainly have the ammunition to make it happen). I could see them taking a run at a DT or 3-4 DE if there's still a good one on the board at #10, because their defense really suffered when Justin Smith got hurt.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I sincerely doubt we would go interior OL 3 time in 3 rounds but I think the trade you mentioned is a possibility. If Milinar falls to us then I think the 49ers and the Bucs would be dying to jump in front of San Diego and Miami in order to grab him.

Also, Velasco has played well enough to deserve a starting position at either LG or OC. The dude was our best run blocker last season and gave up the least amount of sacks out of any OG/OC (according to PPF) we'd be stupid to not play him over a rookie.

Given your trade scenario I'd go
    1) Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
    2) Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
    2) Barrett Jones, OC, Alabama (I don't think he last til round 3)
    3) Stephan Taylor, HB, Stanford
    3) Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi St.
    3) Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina
    4) *traded to 49ers*
    5) Brandon Kaufman, WR, Eastern Washington
    5) Denard Robinson, QB, Michigan
    6) *traded to Vikings*
    7) Khaled Holmes, OC, USC

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Given your trade scenario I'd go:

1) Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
    2) Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
    2) Tank Carradine, DE, Florida St
    3) DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina
    3) Tyrann Mathieu, NB, LSU
    3) AJ Klein, ILB, Iowa St
    4) *traded to 49ers*
    5) Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida
    5) Chris Harper, WR, Kansas St
    6) *traded to Vikings*
    7) Khaled Holmes, OC, USC

Follwed by the signing of Andy Levitre.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I like this post but just a couple opinions on it:

-I don't see us going with that many OL in the first 3 rounds no matter how many picks we have. Realistically Velasco is coming back and if Hutch doesn't retire he's not coming back to sit on the bench. We go with 1 in the first 3 rounds then another one later like in the 4th or 5th.

-Jefferson sucks and he had a bad Senior Bowl and combine. Also really bad reviews from former coaches and teammates. Pass.

-Would love Lattimore here but got to think he goes higher the closer we get to the draft and more positive reports we get. Also, if we're going WR we need a guy that can play outside.

8. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

The media says the draft is deep past the first 10 picks and there isn't a clear cut top 5 like last year. That says something if they are right. We won't know till draft day what happens, but it might be improbable for the Niners to trade at all. They can grab value picks all they way into the 4th round. They might be interested in a "top wide receiver" or corner at number 10, but other than that they are pretty set. That being said, I would love to see the Titans trade back and get some picks.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If we could trade back and even add 1 extra pick we'd be doing pretty good. Right now we have 4 picks in the top 100, if we could make that 5 we'd be able to increase our chances of turning this team around

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Can we make this trade already?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar