Titans to win only 5-6 games this season???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanoiler, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

#9..

I don't want to bother with a game by game prediction because they rarely hold. I know that one team we are not afraid of is the jags. We will be really ready to play them and the fact that they were 12-4 last year won't matter. We almost beat them here last season.

Jags don't scare me, the texans are nothing to be concerned about. Jets, bills and ravens are all very probable victories. I think one of those NFC east teams will melt down most likely the giants. Maybe the colts will have an injury meltdown like in 2001 when they had a horrible defense.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I am in total agreement about the Jags. A point I have driven home on there board several times :evil: but I still think we split with them.

Ravens will be tough because of there QB. I know there are haters on this board but if he is healthy we will struggle against a guy that knows our team, coaches, etc.

How I see it:

Wins
    Jags in Tenn.
    Houston x2
    Jets
    Bills

and one of these (Miami, Washington, Baltimore)

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So what you are saying is that in half the games on our schedule; no chance to win? We play the giants and gayboys at home. No chance we can win one of those? I think we will win one. Maybe we win 2 out of those three you mention. Now we are up to 8 games. I predicted 9 wins.

I'm not even ready to consider New England an automatic loss. Why should i? They were only 10-6 last year and keep losing players and getting older. We also get them at home..

If your scenario holds true and we only go 6-10 this season expect jeff fisher to lose his job.

4. Blazing Arrow

Not know chance just hard games. We could also easily lose any game I said we are winning. Just realistically we will win those games and lose the others.

My scenario would only put you at 7 wins if two of those games are winners. All 3 would make the 8 wins.

IMO, I would rather be pessimistic and be surprised then optimistic and disappointed.

If we go 6-10 Young looks well in his play time and we improve across the board I do not see Fish out the door.

Boys - NFC champs with TO, IMO

Giants - Have Amani Toomer I went to High School with him. There #1 at end looked really good in his first preseason game, same team with a better D.

NE - is the last game of the season. If we are playing well and they have a spot in the playoffs it is defiantly possible. If they need the game Brady will play it like a playoff game and cut us apart. There rookie RB looked awesome in his first game.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I said we can win 2 of the 3 games you mentioned AND beat either the gayboys or the giants at home..

The cowboys are an average team with an average QB and one WR will not make them that much better. We will dominate the gayboys this year!

6. Blazing Arrow

I hope you are right. But this comment stinks of a crow sandwich later this season. :hmm:

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Why is everyone so obsessed with these other teams? This is the NFL. Heck our crap team last year almost beat the Seahawks despite the fact we gave Alexander 170 yards rushing that game.

The Pats lost their second best WR who now plays for us.
    The Colts lost their second best LB who now plays for us.
    Pitt lost one of their starting safties who now plays for us.

The bottom line is for any team to grow into a playoff team you have to have young guys mature into quality players. We don't know yet how good Roos or some of these guys are going to be but we might as well be optimistic. Mason was a 4th round WR who turned into a pro-bowl player. Rolle was a 2nd round CB. We need some of these guys to show improvement and for that matter we should expect a certain amount of improvement. Talent wise we are not far behind any team and if we play a good sound game can beat anyone at this point. The team chemistry looks improved and some of the big gaps we had last year have been rectified. The talent is there. We just need good coaching and execution and we should be competitive with anyone we play. Barring a melt down because of injuries I wouldn't anticipate losing any game. Thats why we play them.

Who are the Jags anyway? They lost their best WR and don't have a great amount of talent that we need to be quivering in our boots?

8. sbrlz2787

sbrlz2787 NFL Europe

I am looking for 7-8 wins....if we can stay away from injuries it wont be the hardest thing.

but what I want the most is a victory over the damn colts

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Titans fans are prediciting 4-0 vs jag and tex
    Texans fans are predicting 4-0 vs Tenn and Jag
    Jagoff fans predicting 4-0 vs Tenn and Tex

Somewhere, someone's not gonna get what they want.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:banned:
    :closemout

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar