Titans to Possibly Suspend Pacman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

diffferent situations

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

a loogie is a loogie is a loogie

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

still doing one at work vs doing it in the public will be looked at differently. Plus it doesn't help he has a track record of spitting on women

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

regardless he won't get anywhere near 4 games.

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Tupac is alive, what are you talking about... ;)

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

It sucks for the team. I like Pacman as a player a lot but am getting tired of his off-field tantrums. No, I'm not saying cut him, no way, I'm just saying suspend him the full 4 games. Like it or not, despite the success enjoyed the past 3 games, we won't make the playoffs, so might as well go for a higher pick. Please note I'm only saying this because without Pacman, we're toast with a capital T. Pacman shuts down his receiver every week, and has for most of the time he's started his career. And he's a threat on PR, as he has shown many times.

We're toast, yet we have to be toast, because all of Pacman's BS has to stop right $%/$%%$ now. That's why I hope he's suspended 4 games. If he loves the game, it's gonna eat away at him and he'll be pissed at himself and stand a better chance of getting over this. He needs to realize he's not in WV anymore living the life as a star college athlete. He has a job now, one that should one day pay him extremely well.

We've seen what players with loads of talent do to screw it all up. Look at Jones' former college teammate, Chris Henry. He's obviously Palmer's favorite target, he is on a team with depleted depth at WR, and yet, he does all he can to screw it up, and as early as November 27th, could be suspended for the rest of the year by the NFL.

Pacman should take advantage of this "opportunity" to get counseling on anger management. And how to hang with the right people. When he comes off the sus, Titans should install a harsh curfew on him, like 10 PM during the season. It's the only way he'll get over this.

It is unfortunate for the team, which is on a mini roll right now but looks to have that come to a screeching halt if Pacman is not in the lineup for the next month. Unfortunate, but necessary

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It is completely retarded to suspend Pac for an ALLEGED incident which at best is hardly believable.

1. Pac denied it happened.
    2. The girl(s) say it did.
    3. Both have witnesses.
    4. The girl saved the spit. (quite bizarre)

Let due process work it out whether or not it goes from alleged to real. Until then, let Pac play. Alternatively, Fish could consider punitive action that he was there in the first place- but he'd have to uphold the same standard (curfew) of rules for every player- not likely to happen.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

It was a book depository, and he was definetly there (he was employed by them), question is whether he fired any shots and/or if someone else did the shooting.

But back to the case at hand, it's pointless for us to come to any conclusions at this point since we obviously don't have all the facts. Until we know what statements the police have from the various guests at club, the DNA test of the saliva (if a such is made) and other information that the police might have that we are not privy to, we have no sound basis to make any judgment for or against Pacman.

9. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

People say that high picks get preferential treatment, which is true, but also think if he had been a 3rd rounder--his agent wouldn't have him hold out, which means Haynesworth and Bulluck would never have gotten on him, which means he wouldn't have tried to hold his ground with them, which means the fans and the media wouldn't have been all over him, which means if he had an incident off the field it wouldn't have that much press and he'd just be suspended if justified like everyone else. (Think Rob Reynolds, who tried to kill someone on the field in college and is now accused of beating his wife--those incidents are far and away disproportional to Pac's stuff in my mind--but the nature of their value (draft status, stock as players) overrides what receives our attention). All I'm saying is that yes, Pac may get leeway b/c of his draft position, but he also is judged differently b/c of it as well.

But now both us, the media, and him all seem to be caught in a tangle--and it looks like it may become just a self-fulfilling prophecy (like how everybody secretly stands around and pokes TO with a stick b/c of the morbid fascination for him to do something (you think they don't want him to do something crazy?). Not saying TO [like Pac] isn't at fault, just that it seems to become somewhat self-fulfilling.

As far as the FO for picking Pac, it was either him or Rolle, far and away the top 2 corners on everyone's board (we didn't even have Hill--we' d be starting Woolfolk). And it was Rolle who seemed to me like the poor character, mouthy, star corner from the U--remember the day after the draft he immediately slammed the state of Tennessee and then the organization for not picking him (and this year after he got beat by LJ he tried to rip his head around). I thought of Pac as an Antoine Winfield, but maybe too fiery, aggressive, maybe pick-up-penalty's type. But it's becoming clear Pac is the better player on the field--if only he can find a way to calm the waters. I think the only thing he can do now is make it a long time without making any news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar