Titans to Possibly Suspend Pacman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

While I'm in complete agreement that if someone is found guilty that they need to be punished. This story has "set-up" written all over it.

First let me say that Pac shouldn't have gone out that night period...Especially if he was given leave from practice for flu symptoms. That is wrong and if they fined him for that then that's OK.

Second this girl and her best friend have are probably lying. Number 1: Who in their right mind will let someone spit in their face without losing it(especially sistas from TSU), or without calling the cops. Especially if it was Pac. This smells like they want money and their coming up with a story due to Pac's past...it's not surprising.

I will say that because of Pac's history he will continue to get into trouble(unless he stays away from outside influences) because there are people out there who will continue to do this.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think there was some confusion on when he went out. bongo reported it was the night he left practice. the tennessean reported it was the night before.

i agree, only to show there is no preferential treatment to jones.

3. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

That's nice. Teach your kids that it's ok to be a thug or a nuisance to society as long as you play good on the field. How noble and grown up of you. I think he is a great player with loads of talent but you can't just go around doing whatever you like off the field just because you feel you are irreplacable. Everyone can be replaced. We are stuck with him for a few more years but unless he changes who he hangs around with and how he behaves off the field, then he will be gone as soon as the cap will allow. I hate to lost his talent but a line has to be drawn somewhere as to what you will allow players to do and get away with.

4. Fry

yeah, im also one of those people who dont think athletes are role models. we've gone over this before and i know im in the minority and dont feel like getting in to it again.

5. zackmann

zackmann Guest

question...what night did this occur relative to him leaving practice b/c of the flu?

question...how was this girl able to save this spit? If someone spit on my face, instincts would be to wipe, then punch/slap/shove...and she had a baggie handy to do this with?

question...are there witnesses that saw him spit on her?

question...are there witnesses that saw him leave at midnight, while the spitting incident occurred at 1am?

6. Fry

bongo said the night he was excused, the tennessean said the night before(1 am thursday morning)
    yeah, i guess she carries a baggy with her at all times
    reportedly yes

reportedly yes

those last two are what make things so hard to tell what really happened

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Your telling me theres witnesses who say he supposedly left at 12 a.m. when the incident supposedly occured at 1 a.m.? This does have set up written all over it. Don't get me wrong, I don't condone his antics and the fact that he left practice under faulty claims, but you gotta think this is nothing more than a quick cash fix. If this woman wins under these "foggy" allegations, than I will have lost all respect for this countries judicial system. Our judicial system is really starting to turn into a lottery for dead-beats who prey on the "faulty" characterisitcs of those better off than them. This case will most likely end with an out-of-court settlement.

DISCLAIMER: In NO way, shape, or form am I defending Pacman's antics. I just don't feel that theres enough "conclusive" evidence from either party in this case to force action. However, I believe Pacman should be suspended regardless of this, for his deception.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

there are witnesses who say Lee Harvey Oswald was in the library when JFK was shot, Aliens sightings, Loch Ness Monster, Elvis still alive, Tupac still alive.

'Witnesses' will say anything.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:rolleyes: why sensationalise the incident?

LenDale got one game for spitting, Pacman will get the same if guilty.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

if it never happened then there were no antics.

There are conflicting stories on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar