Titans to Pick Third in 2006 Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the answer to your question is : Probably Not

there is a differnce in them
    Matt won alot of games with a great offense and a great defense
    Jay won alot of games (sometimes) by himself

Chow has stated that he doesn't think Matt is as talented as Carson was
    and Matt (arguably) has MUCH better talent around him than Carson did

Jay had next to nothing working for him and he still mad headlines

there's is no secret why Jay is ranked up there with Lienart and Young

I'd have to say he is the Roethlesberger of this draft
    meaning a few QB's could go ahead of him and he outperform them

2. titanduck77

titanduck77 Camp Fodder

Then if we dont take Leinart then we take young. I really think our o-line is fine. I really like Jay Cutlur to but he isnt #3 pick material more like 10-20 pick material because he really hasnt proved himself yet. So I say if Texas wins and young puts up great #'s he has no choice but to come out. I realy think he would be like just like Mcnair. Young has the best passer rating in the NCAA. I think that says something.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I think Tim Couch had pretty good college numbers as well...

4. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Pssst!!!! Are You Kidding!!!!!!!!! Good Joke!!!!!!!!

5. Woody81

Woody81 Camp Fodder

Curious what the staff thinks of Loper and Stewart - that should have some bearing on the liklihood of drafting Brick. He's probably my pick because I think the lines are the foundation of a team. The Dline has come along...another bookend solidifies a young Oline with quality depth given a few vet departures. Hawk wouldn't hurt my feelings either - I'd love to see an aggressive D. Rebuild the House of Pain.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think they think they suck right now.

7. titansterror

titansterror Camp Fodder

Doubt that they think they suck, because they could be waived at anytime. And I guarantee you another team would grab them quickly. More likely Reese and coaches are waiting for a decision on Hopkins.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Even if that's what they think, they'd still not give up on them for a couple of years. I just remember reading that Stewart was behind the curve, and no mention all season of Loper.

9. Woody81

Woody81 Camp Fodder

they were both inactive the majority of the year, regardless if Hop leaves we need a starting tackle. Might as well be Brick - that would keep Bell at G. VY is more of a project that has potential of not panning out. Why not pick a starter - Brick or Hawk.

10. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Nothings guarunteed in the Draft. To say that Brick and Hawk are guarunteed to be better than Young is a bit far fetched. You don't know who is going to be what until the end of the '06 season. So many people have said "so and so are going to be all-Pro, Pro-Bowl, SB this that yada yada" and then it turns out that they don't. Ryan Leaf comes to mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar