Titans to pick 8th in 2011 Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by yanek27, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd like us to take either a CB or DT in the first round. Tony Brown & Cortland Finnegan are idiots, and we have virtually no depth at the either position. Then in the second round we need a Center.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Great analysis.

We could always trade up. I really, really want Peterson. Amukamara would be great too.

3. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

I like our corner situation tbh. I think our biggest need is at SS. We could use an elite OLB as well. I'm not sure about the D-line.

However, if Julio is still on the board at 8....

4. MAAANDUDE#31

MAAANDUDE#31 Rookie

So your saying you would rather get a new coach for 2012 with a heavy QB draft that year? No lets get a new HC now, and start getting his system in. Next year he will have some roots planted with the team, and than we can pick up a franchise QB. Would be stupid IMO to wait until next year to get a new HC. Do it now, hold off on a QB until next year, and as much as I hate to say it keep KC around for another year and deal with what will happen next season. Lets rebuild of D this coming year, and let our current offensive keys (Britt, CJ, possibly Cook), get acclimated to a new and hopefully young, revived, and riskier play calling HC.

5. vinceisalive

vinceisalive Camp Fodder

Risky play and Kerry Collins should never be in the same paragraph.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Anyone else see a move to FS for Patrick Peterson? If he's really 6-1 225 I don't see any way he will be able to turn his hips and run with NFL wide receivers.

Can you think of any corner in the last decade of the pass-happy NFL with that size?

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't know I think Peterson is a very elite CB and I wouldn't want to move him out of that position. I wouldn't mind getting ride of Hope though.

If Peterson and Prince are gone we should go DL or LB. I would love to have Julio but we need a QB to throw him the ball.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

We're not taking a linebacker at #8. We'll probably be in great position to get one in the second round though.

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

This is what I'd do...

I'm under the assumption that VY will be back next year.

Since VY will be the QB, trading up for Luck is out of the question.

With that said, I really believe trading down will be the best course of action, here's why...

We need a lot of players, I don't think just one guy is going to turn this mess around, stockpiling picks will help us in years to come. I'd like to take a Patriot's like approach, keep trading down and when we do pick, we take the best available player. Also, if Luck does not come out this year, we'd have more ammo to trade up to get him next year assuming Bud finally gives up on VY.

10. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree..no LB at #8...if it's not a QB its Prince, Peterson, or Paea. LB can be addressed later on with Bruce Carter or Casey Matthews.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar